By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Ka-pi96 said:

Not any more. Sold my Wii U and copy of Mario Kart 8. It was an alright game, but MK Wii was a better MK game

Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold on a second. That's just wrong. Like objectively wrong.

Also why is anyone surprised that a userbase that is over 4 million players larger outbuys a product...?

Around the Network
spemanig said:
bubblegamer said:

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Most gamers don't like Mario? Mario is the single biggest video game franchise of all time. Gamers love Mario. Destiny isn't on the same stratosphere as Mario Kart 8.

So was FF, Tetris and Crash Bandicoot to name a few. Not so much anymore. We're talking about 2014 and onward here.

bubblegamer said:
MRKs said:
bubblegamer said:
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Destiny is barely even a good game, let alone a better game than Mario Kart 8.

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Based on what? 

What do you think? Sales.

WTH? Im srry but how does that make sense when 2 of the 3 best selling games this generation is Mario games?

Also Destiny is a FPS, that is by far the most popular genre and beats almost any other genre out easily. Example its more impressive a fighting game sells 5mil than a FPS selling 10mil in this day and age

Ka-pi96 said:
tbone51 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Better Game? 

Yeah, by that I mean Destiny. Sorry if I didn't make that clear

Oh i get it! Destiny is better than MK8! It all makes perfect sense now :0 Shooters>>>>>>>>>>>>>Racers! I hate gen7/8 :'-( (lol jk)

bubblegamer said:
toot1231 said:

Not to be rude but, this is hands down one of the dumbest statements i've seen on this site.

Some can't discuss normally it seems. Name calling as fast as you feel threatened..

Except for the fact that I did not call you or anyone a name...

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Vena said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not any more. Sold my Wii U and copy of Mario Kart 8. It was an alright game, but MK Wii was a better MK game

Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold on a second. That's just wrong. Like objectively wrong.

Let's see....

Mario Kart Wii had , while Mario Kart 8 didn't. Therefore Mario Kart Wii is the better game on account of King Boo. Would you disagree with a King?

I guess you love LM games huh?

Ka-pi96 said:

Let's see....

Mario Kart Wii had , while Mario Kart 8 didn't. Therefore Mario Kart Wii is the better game on account of King Boo. Would you disagree with a King?

Who cares about King Boo when MKWii was a subpar game mechanically, one of the worst balanced for items, and with terrible online?

Also no Link or Isabella in MKWii, therefore strictly inferior in every way.

tak13 said:

what?....you sould avoid this comment:P you know mario kart 8 or smash bros u probably will be the game of the year,taking into account the destiny's fiasco in reviews...:P

To be honest, it will probably be Far Cry 4. MK8's meta of 88 isn't that good for a GOTY and Far Cry can really grab a high 90s. Dark Souls 2 and Rayman Legends have higher metas too, but only the first one is a runner up. Assassin's Creed Unity could be a surprise if it innovates (I know, pretty hard to happen, but we have to consider all possibilities). The Evil Within can do it too if it's good. Right now, my take is on FC4.

The taste of game critics it focused towards open world games, games with exploration, online (like FC4 coop) and multiplats. An exclusive has to be a masterpiece to get the prize and need to be a game changer (Gears of War, LittleBigPlanet, Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 2, The Last of Us) and have a high meta.

fleischr said:

It will end up near 30 million. This year's holiday will push it past 10 million, next year's near 20 million, then coast towards 30 in it's final years.  a 40%+ attach rate isn't unreasonable for MK8

Wii U has sold 1.8 Million YTD, and I think will get near 4 Million this year putting it over 9 Million... let's say close to 10.

The cray cray part is the idea that it will more than doulble it's sales next year.

My 8th gen collection

This makes me a saaaaaaaaaad panda. :(