By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Probably Wii U's sales

pointless!...game own sales show if gamers loves it...however nintendo has also 3ds...what about that?...

I'd be willing to bet the 3DS has got more sales because it has Pokemon games than because of Mario games.

do not be kapi...do you remember,mario 3dland and mario kart 7 skyrocketed 3ds,...not a pokemon game;)

Around the Network
DaltonAbbey said:
drake_tolu said:
By end of year MK8 will outsell Destiny for PS4, maximum in 2015.

MK8 will never outsell Destiny... WD maybe, Destiny no.

Never...?did you see destiny ps4 huge  decrease in the second week...from 2.6m to 441k? :O reviews are hurting destiny:P

siddhartha87 said:
It was most definitely expected, this the reason why most big budget games are shooters nowadays , they sell a lot and make loads of money.

Although many still believe that MK 8 will overtake it, I think it's impossible, Destiny by design is a game which will get better over time with the addition of content ( which is also it's major flaw ATM ).

Further to keep things in perspective watch dogs ( at 3 million + sold as per VGC) is showing better legs that MK 8. and that is ugh... ( IMO :p )

It is?

Let's get a gif from mario kart of mario getting knocked over by some random character with the destiny picture edited on top of it.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I'd be willing to bet the 3DS has got more sales because it has Pokemon games than because of Mario games.

do not be kapi...do you remember,mario 3dland and mario kart 7 skyrocketed 3ds,...not a pokemon game;)

No I don't remember, I didn't follow sales back then

But a Pokemon game is currently the 3DSs top selling game, and in a few months it should have another Pokemon game right at the top of its top sellers list

pokemon or and as which can outsell pokemon x y:P yeah 3ds , is pokemon's revenge to mario for ds era ;):ρ Back in 2011 when 3ds did nt do very well,it  saw a huge increasment with mario kart 7 and 3dland(yeah and the price cut)

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
fleischr said:
Destiny is terribly frontloaded though.

MK is the very definition of gaming sales legs. Years from now, MK8 will have outsold Destiny PS4 by roughly a 2:1 margin. (MK8 12-14 million, Destiny PS4 6-7 million)

With the Wii Us current sales momentum I don't think that is even possible.

It will end up near 30 million. This year's holiday will push it past 10 million, next year's near 20 million, then coast towards 30 in it's final years.  a 40%+ attach rate isn't unreasonable for MK8

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

MRKs said:
bubblegamer said:
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Destiny is barely even a good game, let alone a better game than Mario Kart 8.

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Based on what? 

What do you think? Sales.

bubblegamer said:

What do you think? Sales.

Ka-pi96 said:

Better Game? 

toot1231 said:
bubblegamer said:
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Destiny is barely even a good game, let alone a better game than Mario Kart 8.

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Not to be rude but, this is hands down one of the dumbest statements i've seen on this site.

Some can't discuss normally it seems. Name calling as fast as you feel threatened..