By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny (PS4) outsells Mario Kart 8 in less then 2 weeks.

I'd better get in on this thread if I want to make my quota.

Around the Network
MRKs said:

Based on what? 

Based on nothing of course!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Ka-pi96 said:
MRKs said:
bubblegamer said:

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

Based on what? 

That's technically true. There are what, a few billion people that could be described as gamers? So unless at least half of them (about 500 million minimum) like Mario then most gamers don't.

So technically most gamers doesn't like anything since there is no IP that have that kind of userbase. It's a silly statement to be honest.

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:
bubblegamer said:

I dunno. Destiny may not be a great game, but it's certainly better than MK8. Most gamers don't even like Mario.

most?Or you?come on  bubblegamer sales(as an example mario kart wii 36m,will a ps4 game reach it?) and views of any mario themed  youtube video refutes you:P you Know Mario(1st) and Pokemon(2st) are the most famous and biggest selling franchises of all time ;) mario still sells like crazy....

Again.... that is no where near most. Last gen there were 267.4 million consoles sold according to VGC. Even if we were to assume only half of them were unique customers then that would still put the 50% figure at 66.85 million. 36 million is a lot less than 66.85 million, so yeah, certainly not most.

Alright then, so most gamers don't like any games?

That's what happens when a mediocre game like Destiny gets hyped for no reason at all.
On the same time the people are complaining why gaming is going to shit.
I wonder why...
Well maybe after DLC Nr. 20 it will be a good game!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
MRKs said:
bubblegamer said:
spemanig said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Makes sense for a better game to sell more

Destiny is barely even a good game, let alone a better game than Mario Kart 8.

Based on what? 

Probably Wii U's sales

pointless!...game own sales show if gamers loves it...however nintendo has also 3ds...what about that?...

Ka-pi96 said:

Not any more. Sold my Wii U and copy of Mario Kart 8. It was an alright game, but MK Wii was a better MK game

Your gaming taste was and will for ever be one of the worst ones.

Sorry, Kapi.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Destiny is terribly frontloaded though.

MK is the very definition of gaming sales legs. Years from now, MK8 will have outsold Destiny PS4 by roughly a 2:1 margin. (MK8 12-14 million, Destiny PS4 6-7 million)

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

It was most definitely expected, this the reason why most big budget games are shooters nowadays , they sell a lot and make loads of money.

Although many still believe that MK 8 will overtake it, I think it's impossible, Destiny by design is a game which will get better over time with the addition of content ( which is also it's major flaw ATM ).

Further to keep things in perspective watch dogs ( at 3 million + sold as per VGC) is showing better legs that MK 8. and that is ugh... ( IMO :p )

drake_tolu said:
By end of year MK8 will outsell Destiny for PS4, maximum in 2015.

MK8 will never outsell Destiny... WD maybe, Destiny no.