By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - XOne vs. Wii U vs. Vita in the race to 10m

What will hit 10m first?

XOne - Hail to the Chief!!! 255 32.48%

Wii U - Its-a me Mario!!! 289 36.82%

Vita - already sooo close!!! 173 22.04%

I like chicken, I like li... 66 8.41%

Total:783

First Xbox One, then Wii U, then Vita. Poor Vita :(.

Around the Network

Are we counting PSTV?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

bubblegamer said:
Vita first followed by X1 with WiiU not far behind.

I'm curious where these 1+ million Vita buyers will come from... just high-ball the Japanese average and you still won't get even close.

fatslob-:O said:
Wow ... Microsoft just can't catch a break on this site, now can they ? I'm not surprised one bit to see that Xbox got the shortest straw from the poll.

If anything I don't even see the WII U gaining a whole lot of grounds in the very near future cause getting to 10 million units will be an arduous task in itself for the WII U. The holiday line up for the WII U isn't exactly strong either since owners are mostly looking forward to what appears to be an enhanced 3DS port. It'll be hard enough as it is to get another 1 million units by the end of the year for the WII U seeing as Nintendo practically failed to give any incentives for tons of other consumers to purchase a WII U this holiday. It makes no sense for an average consumer to go out and purchase Smash Bros for WII U when the said same game came on the 3DS on an earlier note while being the cheapest way to play the game.

With that being said it'll definitely be somewhat close between the X1 and the Vita but I expect that the X1 will be the first one to reach 10 million units because of a vastly improved baseline. The Vita should come next to achieving that goal then the WII U.

enhanced 3DS port? wow! that's... new. I think

Click HERE and be happy 

Xbox One, then mix up between Vita and Wii U.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Are we counting PSTV?

Would it even matter if we did?

EricFabian said:

enhanced 3DS port? wow! that's... new. I think

It doesn't exempt the fact that what the WII U got was second serving at a later time ... 

Xbox One is going surpass the Wii U next year. The Xbone will draw closer to the Wii U by a million in sales after Q4 2014 and reach 10 M by Q2. Halo Master Chief Collection will probably inspire half a million Xbone sales during the holiday season. By the time Halo 5 comes out the Xbone will have already surpassed the Wii U.

so the logic is: X1 will sell ~4,5mil before Wii U sells ~2,5mil? Great.

Click HERE and be happy 

Vena said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Are we counting PSTV?

Would it even matter if we did?

It has a much better chance then Vita in the states.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank