By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE:Remake PS4 vs. GC Graphics Comparison

I seriously just played the whole game through because of this thread. Beat it in 6:37 and some change. Haven't played in years. Was fun lol.

Around the Network
TheAdjustmentBureau said:
This is a big cash cow. I had this on gc. And the original ps1. There's only a resolution difference really. And hd colour depth. This better be like 5.99 on pan. Or it really isn't worth it.

On a good note the game is miles better than the trash re4 and 5. Yes I didn't like 4. It wasn't a scary watch your ammo game, and it wasn't a good third person shooter. It reminds ne of a title like destiny. Trying to do to many things but nothing great.

At least resi 0-3 were proper resi games.

Try out the Wii version if you haven't already, the ammo is a lot mor scarse there.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

should have just ported it to the wii u instead

gamecube strongest console confirmed?

WII U // PC // 3ds XL // VITA

Gamecube version holds up reasonably well, I suppose it helps that they could throw all the polys at the characters.

For the PS4, a resolution bump all over and improved textures in some areas but it's clear that Capcom haven't put alot of time or money into this.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:

Pretty amazing how 13 years and 2 console generations later and there's barely any noticeable difference between the two other than better lighting and less jaggies in the PS4 version.

Even more impressive is the difference in graphical quality between the original PS1 version and the GC remake just 5 years and 1 hardware generation later...

GameCube is truly the most underrated and underappreciated console of all time.

GC is underrated, but this is not a great example of that.  The backgrounds were pre-rendered CG.  Any hardware capable of full SD resolution could display those re-rendered images.  Even the PS1 would have looked better if they had the new rendered backgrounds scaled down to 240p. :D

Also the Re:make graphics are obviously not representative of 2 generations of progress since they are using basically the same assets re-rendered to 1080p instead of making new assets, or making it full real time 3D with a quality far above the possibilities of 13 years ago.

You're comparing a full ground up remake with a barebones HD remake.

My 8th gen collection

this is an hd remaster not a remake.
In my experience, they tend to fuck up the lightning and atmosphere of the original game, like in Wind Waker HD, and Ocarina of Time 3D (a real remake).

Get it if you never played it, I guess many never did because it was a Gamecube and Wii exclusive game.

in this thread: people comparing a gc to ps4 remastered port to a ps1 to gc complete rebuild and wondering why the difference is bigger for the latter.

hsrob said:
Gamecube version holds up reasonably well, I suppose it helps that they could throw all the polys at the characters.

For the PS4, a resolution bump all over and improved textures in some areas but it's clear that Capcom haven't put alot of time or money into this.

Yeah, I feel very unimpressed, even for a HD port. They didn't even try to change the shadows, they still display the very same hardcore aliasing and sharp angles (behind the plates and painting), that's not even an HD shadow.

looking forward to picking this one up.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE