By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - RE:Remake PS4 vs. GC Graphics Comparison

So basically an up-res with better lighting and textures of the GC version.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Around the Network

Looks more like a port than a remake loll

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Anfebious said:
Hynad said:
Anfebious said:
So it looks better in the PS4 than in the 13 year old console! Good.

How are they going to show the improvements made to the game if they don't compare it to the older version? -__-

I think you are looking too deep into what I said. I didn't mean to complain I just wanted to state just how much time it passed since the Gamecube was released. Besides I said it looks good!

With the way you formulated that, I don't buy it.

too much artificial looking lighting in the PS4 version doesn't feel that scary compared to the GCN one. Hopefully a video of it with movement make it look more natural.

Around the Network
Hynad said:

With the way you formulated that, I don't buy it.

An ally of justice never lies. Don't make me Falcon Punch you.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

The contrast seems off with the PS4 version.

Edit:  The second set of screens look a lot better for the PS4.

So are the backgrounds going to be actual 3D this time, or are they still pre-rendered?

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

tbone51 said:
GCN superior!!! Wow didn't expect that at all O.o

Indeed, the atmosphere achieved is 10X better with the original graphics. The effect the original team wanted to create with the visuals is completely ignored here.

Back when this game came out, I would have sworn that games could not possibly look any better. Loved it. I even played through the Gamecube version again early this year......until some freaky looking zombie showed up and I shot it. There was an explosion and the game was over. Seems like I forgot what happens after you beat the game a couple of times.

Great game with some dated gameplay. Hope it gets appreciation from a new generation.