By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Would you be interested/still buy Nintendo games if their Characters were more mature?

Would you be interested/still buy Nintendo games if their Characters were more mature?

I'd be Interested but wo... 18 7.06%

This is what I've been w... 29 11.37%

No! It'll ruin the Magic... 49 19.22%

Finally! Been waiting yea... 16 6.27%

I'd wait till the Review... 6 2.35%

It'd be an interesting t... 86 33.73%

See Results. 50 19.61%

Total:254

It'd be really interesting to see Metroid or LoZ become "more mature" but ultimately it wouldn't work out. It would be better to just make new, inventive IPs targeted to a more mature audience.

Around the Network

If you mean make grey brown games probably not I dont buy games for kids. (mentally)

(you are more of a kid when you need pseudo mature stuff than when you accept things the way they are. Most "mature" stuff is for 13 year olds anyways)

Mario is probably a harder game than Call of Duty (online competition is NOT part of the game its other people but you can also find people that kick your ass in mario its just harder to find those) just having good art style and colors does not make it kiddy.

nah dont fuck with what works.

create some new IP with mature characters.

AZWification said:
SanAndreasX said:
Was "going mature" a good idea for Bomberman: Act Zero?

Yes! Just like how it was  an amazing idea for Sonic to go mature!

Oh, Lordy. Sonic with a Glock. I'd love to know what they were smoking at Sega when they thought that was a good idea.

I think they should work on bringing new experiences that satisfy the 'mature' gamer without altering the ones they currently have.

Around the Network

I MIGHT be interested, but not convinced enough to buy a Nintendo product. A Mature rating approach to some games would eventually look like "we made this for the FPS audience to buy", especially if the game is rushed and poorly made.

It's also important to note that not many M rated games sell as much as they wish. And if they were to turn any Nintendo franchise into a gore fest, it might not have the desired impact. It won't attract the Sony/Microsoft fans, it might lose fans, etc. Nintendo games are good as they are now. They don't need to switch their approach. Now, if they were thinking about new M rated franchises, that would be a good place to start.

Now, I don't want anyone take this the wrong way (but some still will), but if they turned Metroid into an M rated game, I rather have a male character to try it out. Yes, yes, it's just an excuse to see a guy in a Zero Suit. You caught me. That's a game I might buy, but I wouldn't buy a Nintendo console or handheld for only a game.

I do not want to pay good money for Mario Kart 9: Thug Nasty Nights Edition.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

I think a darker Metroid could be great.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

People who think cursing and showing blood is what makes a game mature, have no idea what a mature game is.

Metroid, Fire Emblem, Sin and Punishment, Xenoblade Chronicles and some second-party games like Fatal Frame, Bayonetta, are enough