By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo hates money and these four games prove it

but Metroid is never going to be a big seller. It's too slow paced/solitary of an experience to gain a big mass following.

But what if the next Metroid was made by Platinum, jk - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mFKGnxO8b4#t=40

Around the Network

I don't see how Metroid, Pokemon Snap and a Mario/Sonic crossover would help the WiiU.. A Pokemon MMO might help though...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I don't want another Pokemon snap! The game was so boring.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Pokémon Snap released alongside Fatal Frame 5 would really make a lot of sense, though.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

A Mario and Sonic platformer cross-over is one of the worst ideas I have heard in quite some time.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

While the Pokemon MMO would absolutely shift consoles I have high doubts the other 3 would help Wii U sales a whole lot. Metroid has never been a console shifter, even with Retro's games. There's no reason for that to all of a sudden change. Metroid will appeal to the people who already have the system and a few other diehard fans of the franchise who have held out on getting a Wii U yet. Basically no one else. The same pretty much goes for Pokemon Snap, which is too niche of a little game sub-series to be a console shifter. A Mario and Sonic platformer could maybe move some consoles, but I get the feeling the game would suck if it were made, because of how incompatible the two platforming franchises would be to mix together. They'd basically just have to add Sonic characters to a Mario game, and that wouldn't go over well and the game would probably be labeled a cheap and lazy attempt of a money grab and not sell well in the long run.

So yeah, in other words Nintendo is not losing tons of potential Wii U buyers by not making 3 of those. The Pokemon MMO is a whole other story though. If they got that to actually work it would be massive. Like WoW on steriods levels of success. But getting it to really work would be the tricky part. If it didn't it would just have a big start and then quickly die out.