By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - DRIVECLUB Live Action Trailer Debut

Zekkyou said:
That "Forza killer" line seems so unnecessary. It implies Sony have any need to create a Forza killer lol...

Which I thought they already have in Gran Turismo. (Technically since GT was out well before Forza it's not a Forza killer but I think you know what I mean)

Around the Network

What I admire about Driveclub is that it doesn't appear to be pushing any gimmicks. Just focusing on the racing and the visuals. Not sure if thats enough, but its refreshing for a ''simple'' racer. Something that I don't think we've seen since PGR3/4.

celador said:

Yeah that was funny.  Like how Forza was a GT killer.  And Project Spark an LBP killer

If you find a video/article/post where MS/Xbox state that their titles are Sony's killer, I'll be thankful.

celador said:
Slade6alpha said:
celador said:

So?  No one else was talking about it

How does that matter? It was in the actual video, which is in a discussion forum. 

Edit: Didn't Sony brand Killzone as "the Halo killer"? Or was that just fans? 

That kind of crap is always in videos.  Forza was deemed by MS to be a GT killer, which it clearly is not.  The point of the video is to get hyped for Driveclub, not to focus on some throwaway comment on the video.  And guess which one the thread is now discussing.

And it was Sony who called Killzone a Halo killer.  Just like MS brand Forza as a Gran Turismo killer and Project SPark to LBP.  They all do it

Excuse me, but FORZA took over as the premier racing franchise years ago, GT hasn't been good since ps2.

Also, Driveclub should be trying to establish itself before even thinking about Forza, because Driveclub right now, is a tech demo in terms of high graphics and little content.

Sony's Forza killer? lolwut? I thought Forza was M$'s GT killer to begin with.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
celador said:
Slade6alpha said:
celador said:

So?  No one else was talking about it

How does that matter? It was in the actual video, which is in a discussion forum. 

Edit: Didn't Sony brand Killzone as "the Halo killer"? Or was that just fans? 

That kind of crap is always in videos.  Forza was deemed by MS to be a GT killer, which it clearly is not.  The point of the video is to get hyped for Driveclub, not to focus on some throwaway comment on the video.  And guess which one the thread is now discussing.

And it was Sony who called Killzone a Halo killer.  Just like MS brand Forza as a Gran Turismo killer and Project SPark to LBP.  They all do it

Excuse me, but FORZA took over as the premier racing franchise years ago, GT hasn't been good since ps2.

Also, Driveclub should be trying to establish itself before even thinking about Forza, because Driveclub right now, is a tech demo in terms of high graphics and little content.

Forza 5 metacritic: 79

Gran Turismo 6 meta: 81

Your opinions do not equal facts I'm afraid

celador said:

GT 6 was not reviewed under the same scrutiny as FM5.

Cars and tracks quality between them are not even comparable. F5 track and car detail are unprecedented.

celador said:
true_fan said:
celador said:
Slade6alpha said:
celador said:

FH2-86, FM5-79, FH-85, FM4-91,FM3-92, FM2-90. FM5 was the only one that ranked subpar and it still changed the industry forever with drive-a-tars, not to mention it was a launch game.

GT 6-81, GT5-84, GT4-89 (ps2),GT3-95 (ps2)....My point stands the last good GT games were on ps2

true_fan said:
celador said:
true_fan said:
celador said:
Slade6alpha said:
celador said:

FH2-86, FM5-79, FH-85, FM4-91,FM3-92, FM2-90. FM5 was the only one that ranked subpar and it still changed the industry forever with drive-a-tars, not to mention it was a launch game.

GT 6-81, GT5-84, GT4-89 (ps2),GT3-95 (ps2)....My point stands the last good GT games were on ps2

So 84 isn't good to you?  Man, you must be short of games to play

"GT 6 was not reviewed under the same scrutiny as FM5."

"still changed the industry forever with drive-a-tars"