By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Microsoft announces Windows 10

Ka-pi96 said:
This.... is kind of weird. Just found an april fools article from last year...

Deeming Windows 9 'too good to release,' Microsoft execs shelve follow-up to Windows 8 and proceed to Windows 10
[This is an April Fool's story. It is fiction, not fact even though it contains facts.]

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2613504/microsoft-windows/microsoft-skips--too-good--windows-9--jumps-to-windows-10.html

LMAO

Around the Network

What's the point of numbering the OS when you're just going to skip numbers?

BraLoD said:
What do they have against the number 9? lol.

They were worried that the germans would have a problem with it.

Windows Nein!

So no one would buy it.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

I read awhile back that they were unable to accomplish this on 8, but that "9" was going to have one unifying code that allowed one app to be written that would resize itself dependent on the device. Allowing app developers to only have to create on app, instead of rewriting one for each platform. The goal was to make it a very cost, and energy efficient platform for developers. allowing them to more time for updates.
This is all in theory, what reality holds could be different. but if true could be a very big deal for MS. Especially since they still are having trouble persuading devs to create apps for the windows phone because of it's small user base.

This would be really cool to know that an anticipated app or game releases across all devices on the same day.

This is the dumbest thing I've heard today, and I just found out an actual Tetris movie is being made.

Around the Network

Urgh... Still looks too tablet focused.. It seems im staying on win7

They weren't on cloud 9 yet. Wait a minute...

Microsoft is pushing for cloud computing. 9 is divisible by 3.

Half-Life 3 confirmed!

Lube Me Up

Madword said:
BraLoD said:
What do they have against the number 9? lol.

They were worried that the germans would have a problem with it.

Windows Nein!

So no one would buy it.

Hah. Thats phunny. 

Meet the new DOS, same as the old DOS.

okaaay

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine