By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20th September Week (PS4 passes 11m on VGC)

Awesome, but VGChartz are comedically undertracking the PS4 at this point.

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Is September NPD out on the 9th of October?

No the following week.   sept is a 5 week month so it comes out the 3rd thursday

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

RavenXtra said:
3DS hitting 20k in NA is just embarassing. Nintendo really dropped the ball this year with 3DS. Hopefully New 3DS & a better software schedule can raise momentum next year.

That seems very telling of the handheld market though; it is most assuredly a bad sign for dedicated handheld consoles if they need another hardware revision every year just to keep afloat. There are bad times looming for dedicated handhelds and I still believe my prediction a few years back will hold (the 3DS will be the last traditional dedicated handheld console we'll see from any manufacturer).

Considering how much VGC undertrack PS4, it could be 11.5-11.6M by 20th Sept, easy.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

wow it was THAT close in the usa? ps4 constantly has 2 sku's dominating the charts hour after hour at a constant at amazon,just non-stop(still to this very hour).. and xone is nowhere to be found in camparison to both ps4 sku's

Around the Network
larrysdirtydrawss said:
wow it was THAT close in the usa? ps4 constantly has 2 sku's dominating the charts hour after hour at a constant at amazon,just non-stop(still to this very hour).. and xone is nowhere to be found in camparison to both ps4 sku's

only problem is amazon is not just the only retailer in the US

Praise the One.

SweetTalia said:
larrysdirtydrawss said:

But amazon is always far more accurate than VGC and there are a lot of other évidences from the biggest retailers , its totally crazy to think ps4 sold only 5k more this week with destiny bundle and no more X1 games offered 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

SweetTalia said:
larrysdirtydrawss said:

We know that. But why would Amazon be SO different from other retailers? Is there a legit reason for this?

Seeing vita sales reduction every latest charts in NA and Europe are very depressing. What's going on there? Are the limited supply still happening?

On the other hand the ps4 sales dropped tremendously.

bigjon said:
chocoloco said:

It would not surprise anyone, but I think the holiday effect we saw last gen where more xbox units by ratio are sold in the US during this time of year as compared to other times pf the year. It could be happening in a similar patter as last gen. Or at least, ioi's method just projects it will.

The PS4 will own the holidays this gen. The reason the Xbox did better during the holidays last gen was price. price. price. It was usually between 100-150 cheaper (base model). This gen alot of the mainstream gamers are moving over to PS4. Oh ya and lets not forget the Kinect fad is over now too.... that help Holidays last gen for Xbox.

I do believe the PS4 will win the holiday season in the US. I just think that it is likely that the sales ratio will move towards the x1's favor. This could be from anything like more kids waiting for their parents to buy them the X1. Though it might not happen at all, I just think it possible.