By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 20th September Week (PS4 passes 11m on VGC)

Tachikoma said:
one of those 1428 units of xbox one sold in japan this week was me.
You're welcome, xbox fans.

Gratz on the new system :) must feel cool to be 1/10th of a % of the sales in a region on your own :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
ganoncrotch said:
Tachikoma said:
one of those 1428 units of xbox one sold in japan this week was me.
You're welcome, xbox fans.

Gratz on the new system :) must feel cool to be 1/10th of a % of the sales in a region on your own :D

Well, the system is region free and you can easily change your location on Xbox One so you can still have great deals and use it like you could use it everywhere else (expect the official China version, of course).

Shadow1980 said:
I don't buy those XBO U.S. numbers. The week before Madden the PS4 outsold the XBO by about 50%, the week after Madden it outsold the XBO by over 30%, and Destiny week it sold about 60% more units than the XBO. Now this week (well, the week ending the 20th) the PS4 sold less than 5% more units than the XBO, with nothing to keep its sales from dropping at the same rate as the PS4 did. I think they could have overtracked the XBO by at least 10-15k. Given how iffy VGC's been this year with U.S. numbers, it wouldn't surprise me.

And you forgot the Destiny bundle still selling like a monster on amazon, so both, X1 overtracked and PS4 undertracked

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Just remembered.. I believe Vita should be under tracked in EU. New bundle was released with games like Uncharted, Tearaway, gravity rush, and instead of going up a bit, it went down 400 units? Naw.

PS4 still killing it and XBO did pretty good as well.

Around the Network

3DS hitting 20k in NA is just embarassing. Nintendo really dropped the ball this year with 3DS. Hopefully New 3DS & a better software schedule can raise momentum next year.

Aerys said:
Shadow1980 said:
I don't buy those XBO U.S. numbers. The week before Madden the PS4 outsold the XBO by about 50%, the week after Madden it outsold the XBO by over 30%, and Destiny week it sold about 60% more units than the XBO. Now this week (well, the week ending the 20th) the PS4 sold less than 5% more units than the XBO, with nothing to keep its sales from dropping at the same rate as the PS4 did. I think they could have overtracked the XBO by at least 10-15k. Given how iffy VGC's been this year with U.S. numbers, it wouldn't surprise me.

And you forgot the Destiny bundle still selling like a monster on amazon, so both, X1 overtracked and PS4 undertracked

Or just that PS4 is under tracked.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Is September NPD out on the 9th of October?

Aerys said:

Not an adjustment, just new sales.
PS4 is still undertracked by at least 250k , and i bet this week too is undertracked by a lot, only 178k for PS4 is too low

this, now way PS4 only beat XB1 by 5k in NA with the White Bundle still rising on the yearly amazon charts. I think in month or so when all this gets adjust we will look back and see this as another 200K + week for PS4.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

chocoloco said:
Shadow1980 said:

It would not surprise anyone, but I think the holiday effect we saw last gen where more xbox units by ratio are sold in the US during this time of year as compared to other times pf the year. It could be happening in a similar patter as last gen. Or at least, ioi's method just projects it will.

The PS4 will own the holidays this gen. The reason the Xbox did better during the holidays last gen was price. price. price. It was usually between 100-150 cheaper (base model). This gen alot of the mainstream gamers are moving over to PS4. Oh ya and lets not forget the Kinect fad is over now too.... that help Holidays last gen for Xbox.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut