By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 15 sold 100,000 more copies on PS4 than Xbox One in UK - Report

^EA will not drop FIFA support for PS3 or Xbox 360 anytime soon! In fact, I expect to see FIFA on both consoles for the next five years AT LEAST.

Anyway, GREAT results for PS4 and Xbox 360! I expected slightly more from the Xbone version, but still pretty decent and nice hardware boost of course.

The next few months will be so exciting. I can't wait.

Around the Network

Maybe for the UK? I don't believe it will make much of a dent though. It seems to me like tons of people aren't moving to gen8 for the series. Wouldn't they brag about the numbers if they were good?

Arkaign said:
Maybe for the UK? I don't believe it will make much of a dent though. It seems to me like tons of people aren't moving to gen8 for the series. Wouldn't they brag about the numbers if they were good?

Isn't this topic about the UK, no? X1 had 155% increase from last week and PS4 80% boost, bearing in mind console sales are higher in September, plus they are already higher due to Destiny launching two weeks ago.

The numbers in the UK weren't great for Destiny and I bet the boost didn't last more than a couple of days before they dropped through the floor again. So 155 and 80 % boost from a horrible baseline isn't too hot. I think they've run into a wall with previous pricing and need to race to 299£ and under asap.

Iow it appears attach rate to owners of ps4 and x1 is great, but sales of ps4 and x1 are pretty bad in the uk overall.

Arkaign said:
The numbers in the UK weren't great for Destiny and I bet the boost didn't last more than a couple of days before they dropped through the floor again. So 155 and 80 % boost from a horrible baseline isn't too hot. I think they've run into a wall with previous pricing and need to race to 299£ and under asap.

Iow it appears attach rate to owners of ps4 and x1 is great, but sales of ps4 and x1 are pretty bad in the uk overall.

Numbers weren't great? 34K and 16k is very good!

Around the Network
thelalaby said:

^EA will not drop FIFA support for PS3 or Xbox 360 anytime soon! In fact, I expect to see FIFA on both consoles for the next five years AT LEAST.

Anyway, GREAT results for PS4 and Xbox 360! I expected slightly more from the Xbone version, but still pretty decent and nice hardware boost of course.

The next few months will be so exciting. I can't wait.

Yeah, I can't see FIFA dropping the PS3/360 any time soon. Heck, wasn't FIFA14 released on the PS2? :p I think they've only just stopped supporting it with FIFA15.

sully1311 said:
Arkaign said:

34 and 16k is beyond terrible. It just seems to me that the UK demand for 8th gen was more front loaded than elsewhere. Hopefully things pick up for the holidays. 

Champions league sponsorship beats any partnership. It was obvious they were fighting a losing battle.

How is this even surprising?

Arkaign said:
sully1311 said:

34 and 16k is beyond terrible. It just seems to me that the UK demand for 8th gen was more front loaded than elsewhere. Hopefully things pick up for the holidays. 

Lol, no they aren't.  360 did only 26K when FIFA 12 launched (earliest VGC's UK numbers go back to.)  14K when FIFA 13 launched.  14K for FIFA 14.  I think you're just overestimating how much the UK should sell a week.