By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is 720P30FPS on XBONE confirmed by a Belgium team.

Lol why are people saying they can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p on a tv? Try hooking up a pc to your tv and switch from 1080p to 720. If you got a decent tv, the difference is pretty damn obvious.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:
Lol why are people saying they can't see the difference between 720p and 1080p on a tv? Try hooking up a pc to your tv and switch from 1080p to 720. If you got a decent tv, the difference is pretty damn obvious.

STAGE can even see a difference with games that are 1080p on both systems! PS4 users surely have the best eyes!

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

ToothFungus said:
RazorDragon said:

Xone isn't the most powerful hardware, but no way the difference between PS4 and Xone is that large. If this is really running at 720p and 30FPS, it's obviously because of developers not optimizing the game, more graphically intensive multiplats are showing a 1080p to 900p difference max and framerates are the same, anyone saying it's down to the hardware is being completely silly at this point.

BS,... it si always lazy devs is the dumest excuse I have ever seen...Please explain your detailed knowledge of deferred rendering and the engine to come to this conslusion?? The x1 hads a slower ram setup and a lot less power for fillrate,ROPS in the video card, this makes a huge diff in engines that use deferred rendering..... As we get more true next gen engines and not last gen ports expect the x1 to struggle more. No amount of cloud, SDK, anything can fix it. People still in denial over x1's hardware need help.

No amount of slow RAM accounts for a 720p/30FPS to 1080p/60FPS difference between a 1.8TFlop GPU and a 1.3TFLop one. This game is also on last gen, so I don't see how "true next-gen engines" argument accounts for anything. X1 hardware isn't better than PS4 and I never saw anyone saying otherwise, but I find incredibly funny people saying it's down to the hardware when such a big difference cannot be explained by anything other than the fact the game wasn't optimized.

This thread title is now 99% confirmed bullcrap. It should be changed and locked. There IS a gap, but 720p was a lie. Bad AA might have caused the confusion but bad info is still bad info, and it's wrong to keep the title when we know it's untrue.

torok said:
method114 said:

It's not lazy devs it's MS being cheap. They choose to use slow ram and ESRAM combination. This makes it so devs have to work harder for what? So MS can save some money.  Well some devs are refusing to put in as much work as others and who can blame them really.

It's not just harder to work with, X1 is indeed substantially weaker. The GPU on PS4 has around 50% more power and the memory architecture is better. The GDDR5 on PS4 is as fast as the ESRAM on X1, the difference is that PS4 has 8GB of fast memory while X1 has only 32MB. Even if you put a lot of work on it you simply can't beat the hardware difference.

I agree but some games that are 720p0/900p can in fact be 1080p if the devs put in more work. The thing is why should they have to put in more work? Cause MS decided DDR5 was to much money? Well Sony took the risk and now they're reaping the benefits of it. Now MS is paying for it not just with sales but also with having to send MS employees to help these devs out and make sure the game reaches 1080p. This is literally the definition of you get what you pay for.

Around the Network

DF will be very interesting

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Arkaign said:
This thread title is now 99% confirmed bullcrap. It should be changed and locked. There IS a gap, but 720p was a lie. Bad AA might have caused the confusion but bad info is still bad info, and it's wrong to keep the title when we know it's untrue.

Yes this thread is a bit lost. As I said, there's lots of misinformation and fanboyism going on in this thread. It needs a title change or mod locking.

RazorDragon said:

Xone isn't the most powerful hardware, but no way the difference between PS4 and Xone is that large. If this is really running at 720p and 30FPS, it's obviously because of developers not optimizing the game, more graphically intensive multiplats are showing a 1080p to 900p difference max and framerates are the same, anyone saying it's down to the hardware is being completely silly at this point.

denial ? 

you can't go against logic, of course the price is the same now but the hardware isn't.

saying the PS4 difference is not that large from the xbone, now thats silly. ;)

petroleo said:
RazorDragon said:

denial ? 

you can't go against logic, of course the price is the same now but the hardware isn't.

saying the PS4 difference is not that large from the xbone, now thats silly. ;)

Oh well, I guess saying anything here that's not bashing the Xone's hardware to unrealistic levels is silly. Never said the difference isn't large, but it's obviously not large enough for a 1080p/60 to 720p/30 difference in games. Logic should dictate that, I mean, every multiplat released that was released till now that's on last and next gen and shows a much smaller difference than this and a 1.24 to 1.84TFLop difference on GPUs certainly isn't large enough for this to happen on games that can run on PS3 and 360 without some really bad optimizations from the developer's side.

Hard to believe really. If true, it's probably the biggest difference in performance of a PS4/Xbone game so far.

Half the frame rate is easily noticeable and unaceptable.