By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is 720P30FPS on XBONE confirmed by a Belgium team.

ign put shadow of modor down at 900p 30fps on their site on this page http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

Around the Network

Xone isn't the most powerful hardware, but no way the difference between PS4 and Xone is that large. If this is really running at 720p and 30FPS, it's obviously because of developers not optimizing the game, more graphically intensive multiplats are showing a 1080p to 900p difference max and framerates are the same, anyone saying it's down to the hardware is being completely silly at this point.

When you look at how much better graphically witcher 3 is over som and its a big graphical gap and open world you have to either say this is false or the devs are not that savvy.

joshluck95 said:
ign put shadow of modor down at 900p 30fps on their site on this page http://uk.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_Native_Resolutions_and_Framerates

It is a wiki and the source like to vgchartz thread

joshluck95 said:

I can see Shadow Warrior but not this game.

Edit: Ok, I see it now.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

Xone isn't the most powerful hardware, but no way the difference between PS4 and Xone is that large. If this is really running at 720p and 30FPS, it's obviously because of developers not optimizing the game, more graphically intensive multiplats are showing a 1080p to 900p difference max and framerates are the same, anyone saying it's down to the hardware is being completely silly at this point.

Your are wrong, its silly to put the blâme on dev

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

elazz said:
Nem said:
Quite honestly, resolution gate doesnt matter that much. 720 to 1080 is only noticeable if you have the TV for it. But 60 to 30 fps is clearly noticeable by everyone. That is the real drama.

Not this again, don't pretend as if there is no change. Just take any PC game you have, play it on 720p and afterwards change it to 1080p. The difference is massive, even from far away. Even 900 - 1080p is a massive change from reasonable distance. 

Well, only one system left for the Lord of the Rings fans who want the games as well. The game looks really good on PS4 but didn't thought it would be that bad on Xone. At least I cannot wait for tomorrow!! Finally a good game in Middle-Earth in 1080p/~60

Hmm... you seem to be taking this personally. Relax, i said it doesnt matter that much and not that it doesnt matter at all. Of course higher resolution on a good TV will be noticeable. My point is that FPS is a feature with higher importance than the resolution. I will take a drop on resolution if it delivers me 60 fps gladly. 

The case at hand here is that not only the resolution took a hit, but the very important FPS that directly impacts our gameplay did aswell, and in my view that is a problem of greater importance.

Nem said:

Hmm... you seem to be taking this personally. Relax, i said it doesnt matter that much and not that it doesnt matter at all. Of course higher resolution on a good TV will be noticeable. My point is that FPS is a feature with higher importance than the resolution. I will take a drop on resolution if it delivers me 60 fps gladly. 

The case at hand here is that not only the resolution took a hit, but the very important FPS that directly impacts our gameplay did aswell, and in my view that is a problem of greater importance.

As for framerate being more important than resolution that isn't exactly always the case ... 

Higher resolution also benefits gameplay since details and objects are more easily resolved with that condition and this is useful for higher precision aiming as it becomes easier for discerning critical details in the distance. What's more is that this also becomes a benefit for highspeed ingame vehicle handling because of the fact that steering/flying also requires high precision in order navigate through obstacles in the far distance. 

Framerates are good for improving reaction times but what improves gameplay precision is resolution much like how M/KB does with FPS's ... 

RazorDragon said:

BS,... it si always lazy devs is the dumest excuse I have ever seen...Please explain your detailed knowledge of deferred rendering and the engine to come to this conslusion?? The x1 hads a slower ram setup and a lot less power for fillrate,ROPS in the video card, this makes a huge diff in engines that use deferred rendering..... As we get more true next gen engines and not last gen ports expect the x1 to struggle more. No amount of cloud, SDK, anything can fix it. People still in denial over x1's hardware need help.

Lots of misinformation and fanboyisn in this thread. Stay subjective.