By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Shadow of Mordor Run at 720p/30fps on Xbox One?

Kerotan said:

My needs are satisfied and I'm glad I get the superior versions of games because if not I'd be considering buying an X1. 

Well I can't say the same. I like having access to exclusives on both.

Halo and Uncharted make me feel obliged to get both. But I can wait for price cuts.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

My needs are satisfied and I'm glad I get the superior versions of games because if not I'd be considering buying an X1. 

Well I can't say the same. I like having access to exclusives on both.

Halo and Uncharted make me feel obliged to get both. But I can wait for price cuts.

Cool. Personally I don't feel the X1 exclusives are enough to warrent me buying another console especially when I play so many games on the PS4. It would be a waste of money as I wouldn't have the time. 

Krill said:

After all the obnoxious posts in this thread and the other one about the XBox One being 50% less powerful, the 'deal with it' attitude shown by some members who prefer Playstation (you know who you are), and 'the gap is getting bigger' mentality, I thought this needed to be put to rest.

Watch the video in this link. It clearly states the game runs 1080p on both consoles at the start. More importantly, the graphics in the video that follow look pretty much identical when comparing PS4 and Xbox One.

Let's not be so hasty to judge a game next time.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-graphics-comparison/2300-6421635/

Maybe a mod could change the thread title to, 'Shadow of Mordor runs at 1080p on PS4 and XBox One'

I hope this will teach you something for the next multiplats. Don't believe sites like gamespot or IGN.

Like I already said, we had screenshots of the XB1 game, and those were pixel counted at 900p.

If the game was going to be patched at 1080p, Eurogamer would have made an article about it, or DF would have said it in a preview article, damage control for the XB1.

No damage control from eurogamer (which are strongly biased to Xbox) means only that the game is not 1080p on XB1.

Each time a game is 1080p on XB1 like on PS4, Eurogamer does a full damage control article about it, long before the release of the game, think about it.

Here they waited like one week before releasing their DF article (remember they reviewed the game almost one week before)? Could only mean one thing.

Like I said... the game I saw was 900p.

The only explanation was a patch that up it to 1080p but this patch didn't happened... DF used the 1.02 patch (the latest) and it continues to be 900p.

Gamestop sometimes is laughable.

It was like IGN showing a video of CoD 720p vs 1080p last year saying they didn't see difference to after Activision tell them the PS4 version was running at 720p because it didn't have the 1080p patch applied.

Krill said:

After all the obnoxious posts in this thread and the other one about the XBox One being 50% less powerful, the 'deal with it' attitude shown by some members who prefer Playstation (you know who you are), and 'the gap is getting bigger' mentality, I thought this needed to be put to rest.

Watch the video in this link. It clearly states the game runs 1080p on both consoles at the start. More importantly, the graphics in the video that follow look pretty much identical when comparing PS4 and Xbox One.

Let's not be so hasty to judge a game next time.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-graphics-comparison/2300-6421635/

Maybe a mod could change the thread title to, 'Shadow of Mordor runs at 1080p on PS4 and XBox One'

Nope, Gamespot is full of shit and should never be listened to. They're beyond worthless, and directly lie to their readers just like MrXmedia or whatever. X1 port is 900p with degraded settings even beyond resolution.

Around the Network
Arkaign said:
ethomaz said:

Mr Puggsly said:

They say it was the patch was released 9/30, that sounds like a day one patch to me. Anyhow, I didn't expect 1080p even if it was day late.

In regards to IQ and texture fiter. I repeat, "PS4 fans can still boast about their version likely being more polished."

I don't know but I saw the game at the day one without any patch... so maybe it can be out in 9/30 at PST time because it released without the patch and people played it with no patch.

Yep, the pre-patch version was ugly as hell.

This isn't without precedent though. When games 'go gold' to make a deadline, they're often not quite finished. So as the discs were being printed, shipped, etc, they were still tweaking it for a day 1 patch.

It sucks that they don't finish things on time, but it's nice that they improved it. This should make a GIGANTIC difference in IQ. Maybe not up to the PS4 standards, but god damn the leaked 900p screens were terrible. Now without having to upscale, it won't have blurry looking crap quality.

Will have to wait for DF to see a real examination though, Gamespot compressed video is COMPLETELY worthless for any IQ questions. May as well take a shot with a polaroid, dip it in whale shit, and try to tell a difference. It's worse than Youtube, and that's really saying something. Ditto Youtube.

Do we have and caputure of the "pre patched" XOne version?

And did PS4 got pached from an unlocked "close to Tomb Raider and better than Infamous SS" to a locked frame rate?

CGI-Quality said:

No, it did not. inFAMOUS got a patch to lock the game at 30fps, but you could play it unlocked if you so chose (as I did). A better question - what does it have to do with this topic?

I guess he is trying to find something to defense the Xbone version... I'm not sure.

ethomaz said:

CGI-Quality said:

No, it did not. inFAMOUS got a patch to lock the game at 30fps, but you could play it unlocked if you so chose (as I did). A better question - what does it have to do with this topic?

I guess he is trying to find something to defense the Xbone version... I'm not sure.

I guess this topic was about the XOne version being a humble 720/30 while the almight PS4 would handle on 1080/60...

Is it not?

So, Xone is not 720p and PS4 is not 60fps or unlocked.

This topic is full of people comparing the frame rate with Tomb Raider and Infamous.

Were people lying? Or they can´t see the difference from a locked 30fps to an unlocked 40-50fps?

And besides, if people can´t tell the difference between 720p to 900p how can they tell the difference from 900p to 720p?

Unless, may be, you have a 3k words article from DF where they cherry pick small details on the back ground to make a point. 

Dark_Feanor said:

I guess this topic was about the XOne version being a humble 720/30 while the almight PS4 would handle on 1080/60...

Is it not?

So, Xone is not 720p and PS4 is not 60fps or unlocked.

This topic is full of people comparing the frame rate with Tomb Raider and Infamous.

Were people lying? Or they can´t see the difference from a locked 30fps to an unlocked 40-50fps?

And besides, if people can´t tell the difference between 720p to 900p how can they tell the difference from 900p to 720p?

Unless, may be, you have a 3k words article from DF where they cherry pick small details on the back ground to make a point.

I don't know who are "these people"... you generalise too much.

My comment in this thread was about the game I saw was ~900p and the PS4 version was not 60fps.

And yeap I see difference between 720p and 900p or 900p and 1080p... I see and it is evident... framerate is more hard to me because I need to play the game to see the difference in controle response... just looking the game there are some hints (like jugger, screentearing, etc) but it is more notable when you can feel the difference in gameplay.

Not surprising to see the PS4 version with a higher resolution and even more polish.

Still not as significant as the original 720p/30fps and 1080p/60fps people were actually anticipating.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)