By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Face-Off: Bayonetta on Wii U

curl-6 said:

I wouldn't call it "impressive" myself, but given that it's a port, and given the spotty track record of PS360-to-Wii U ports, it's nice to get the best version of the game instead of a gimped one.

Best version of a "5 year old game on a 9 year old console".  Developers would have to try really hard to gimp that.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nem said:
They make it sound terrible, even though the conclusion is that this is the best version available.

To quote a poster on EG "Awesome! The Wii U finally manages to get a game to match a 5 year old game on a 9 year old console!". The framerate is better and so are the shadows but they removed Depth of Field, some bloom, and a few other effects. This is a gen 7 game ported to a gen 8 console so you'd expect more "bling" e.g Tomb Raider DE.

Exactly my thoughts.

It is pretty concerning when a "new console" is compared to one 9 years old. Also removing DoF is dire as that is now an old technique which should be standardised and advanced versions used.

curl-6 said:
So definitive version confirmed.

Good. Can't wait for my third playthrough, this time without screen tearing.

So excited about the lack of screen tearing, in this port and in Bayonetta 2.

TheJimbo1234 said:

Exactly my thoughts.

It is pretty concerning when a "new console" is compared to one 9 years old. Also removing DoF is dire as that is now an old technique which should be standardised and advanced versions used.

IKR. Watching the framerate video the Wii U version has dips on the clocktower scene, in some parts the 360 version has higher rates. Despite Wii U version not having any noticaible graphical advancements (bar shadows) it still drops frames on a 5 year old game in 720p!  Hence my original post "is this suppossed to be impressive?".

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

As many here predicted, those 60fps aren't constant. At least they made a good job putting it on par with XB360 version minus the screentearing.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nem said:
They make it sound terrible, even though the conclusion is that this is the best version available.

To quote a poster on EG "Awesome! The Wii U finally manages to get a game to match a 5 year old game on a 9 year old console!". The framerate is better and so are the shadows but they removed Depth of Field, some bloom, and a few other effects. This is a gen 7 game ported to a gen 8 console so you'd expect more "bling" e.g Tomb Raider DE.

Why would they devote more resources to a game that is essentially being distributed for free to the Nintendo fanbase? Especially when they are not releasing a standalone SKU, and this port was put in into the pipeline to give wii u fans interested in bayonetta 2 a chance to play the original. Of course logic and reasoning doesn't come in play when you downplay Nintendo

Sounds good.

The lack of AA is because Kamiya doesn't allow it in his games, but the lack of texture filtering is disappointing.

mii-gamer said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nem said:

Why would they devote more resources to a game that is essentially being distributed for free to the Nintendo fanbase? Especially when they are not releasing a standalone SKU, and this port was put in into the pipeline to give wii u fans interested in bayonetta 2 a chance to play the original. Of course logic and reasoning doesn't come in play when you downplay Nintendo

So seeing how Bayonetta 2 runs worse than the first game, does that mean they devoted even less time to it?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
mii-gamer said:
SubiyaCryolite said:
Nem said:

So seeing how Bayonetta 2 runs worse than the first game, does that mean they devoted even less time to it?

It looks better than the first! Again, logic and reasoning doesn't come into play when downplay nintendo

SubiyaCryolite said:
curl-6 said:

I wouldn't call it "impressive" myself, but given that it's a port, and given the spotty track record of PS360-to-Wii U ports, it's nice to get the best version of the game instead of a gimped one.

Best version of a "5 year old game on a 9 year old console".  Developers would have to try really hard to gimp that.

Best version of one of the best games of last gen = me happy.