By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - $99 Super Smash Bros Wii U Bundle Spotted on Amazon

aikohualda said:

i will play smash on 3ds before getting it on wii u.....  will i have problem adapting from 3ds controllers to the game cube ones???? 

You can use your 3DS as a controller. 

Around the Network
aikohualda said:
Clyde32 said:

Nope. This controller is the best controller ever. It was built for smash. 

i will play smash on 3ds before getting it on wii u.....  will i have problem adapting from 3ds controllers to the game cube ones???? 

Playing on 3DS first will help I think. You won't be as reliant on the C-Stick as someone like me who's been playing Melee and Brawl with a GC controller for years. 

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
aikohualda said:
Clyde32 said:

Nope. This controller is the best controller ever. It was built for smash. 

Playing on 3DS first will help I think. You won't be as reliant on the C-Stick as someone like me who's been playing Melee and Brawl with a GC controller for years. 

C Stick is for noobs.

Smash like a real man!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

RealGamingExpert said:
Brotherstotheend said:
that would not have been necessary if they shipped the wii u with a real controller

Oh look who we have here...

someone who has a gamecube and likes good controllers

something that nitendo has forgotten to make for their last consoles

That's a really nice deal if you ask me...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
archer9234 said:
zorg1000 said:
why oh why can't they make a wireless GameCube controller?

Same reason the Wavebird has no rumble. It drains the battery too fast. So they didn't reissue it. Most people want the rumble feedback in smash. I think the GC controller draws 1.2V of power. That's why they need both USB sockets for 4 controllers.

To redesign it to use less power is probably beyond their capacities.

Rumble is not really an excuse for not being wireless. Actually nothing is. Not even a giant bright blue light bar.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
archer9234 said:
zorg1000 said:
why oh why can't they make a wireless GameCube controller?

Same reason the Wavebird has no rumble. It drains the battery too fast. So they didn't reissue it. Most people want the rumble feedback in smash. I think the GC controller draws 1.2V of power. That's why they need both USB sockets for 4 controllers.

To redesign it to use less power is probably beyond their capacities.

Rumble is not really an excuse for not being wireless. Actually nothing is. Not even a giant bright blue light bar.

That's probably what they didn't want. To R&D the GC controller and or wavebird wireless system. It's the same circuit board and exterior mold. Minus the Smash logo in places of start pause text. Cheaper to reissue. Moreso the wired controller. Over the Wavebird. Then to redeisgn the board, and use a weaker rumble motor. It would of also made the GC controller incompatible to the actual GC. If you wanted to use it. Because the socket would be sending more power, then the reduced voltage one. The WB reciver also draws a lot of power.

Then they run into: Do you make a circuit check to see if it's in a real GC or the Wii U adapter. And control the power. So it doesn't blow. Because if they redesign the socket. People who have the orginal GC controllers, makes the add-on pointless. Nintendo loves to save money, if possible. If you look in the wavebird, Wii Nuchuck, and all the pro controllers. The same joystick is used. They recycle a lot of internal componets. That's my idea why the WB wasn't bothered with. And why the adapter needs two USB sockets.

meanwhile, the bundle is now #7 on Amazon's hourly charts

I'm hoping this shows up at EB. I'll be pre-ordering it the moment I'm allowed to.

aikohualda said:
i still dont get this..... is this gamecube controller really better than the wii u pro controller????? the buttons look awkward.

I never had a GC.... for me it seems like a sentimental value for the melee..... is anyone using pro versus this controller?

The GC controller has the best button placement of any controller (imo). Its perfect for games where you have two main inputs (A and B) and two peripheral inputs (X and Y), like in Smash where your two attack buttons are A and B and peripheral functions are X and Y. It has a more intuitive shape to it, where you know which is the select button and which is the back button just by looking at the controller, and it mentally segments the controller into main and peripheral functions without making it any more complicated. It also has more of a boomerang style button pattern, which lends less to more fluid button combinations (hence why I used by GC controller for three button fighting games like Tatsunoko vs Capcom instead of my CC Pro).

Basically, the GC controller's button placement is brilliant and its a shame that Nintendo did away with it.