By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Single-Player or Multi-Player

*Which do you prefer?

Playing Alone 102 84.30%

Playing with Others 12 9.92%

See Results 7 5.79%

Total:121

I like em both. Having fun with friends is a blast, but I'd also never want to miss an awesome single player mode.

Lyrics: He He He He Ha Ha Ha!                                                                  

Around the Network

Each has it's place for me and are equally valid experiences, though I really like games that marry both. Like what Destiny tries to do. Eh, it succeeds there, so I shouldn't say "try."

The only games that I really enjoy playing online are the Halos. I generally only play other games online for a few extra achievements.

BraLoD said:

Multiplayer games cannot be casual too, like MMORPG's for an example, people can really spend so much freaking time playing them xD
But multiplayer is more focused to casual playing in my opinion too, as I take my friends as an example.
They buy sport, fighting and shooters, and they don't even touch the single player story mode of the games (if they do have one).

I actually made one of them beat COD MW3 story mode almost by force, and he really enjoyed it in the end xD
But he always preffered to go shoot other people online, lol.

That's true. People can play those games for over 300 hours and keep going.

In my situation, I think it's because of me not being able to enjoy games like "The Last Of Us" when people are around. For example, I was playing it the other day and my uncle came over. I had to turn it off because I couldn't hear what the dialogue was in the game. If I was playing a game like Mario Kart or Littlebigplanet, I could've kept playing or even asked if he wanted to play

Games in shorter bursts makes more sense for me these days

If multiplayed I have too play with 12 year olds saying my mom sucks my dick (when I said I was a girl, they immediately logged out of the lobbby) then no. I like multiplayer, but since many of them require fast internet, I luxury I don't necessarily have, no. I like the engaging story of games, even if I have to read through it.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

Single player for life. I do like multiplayer and MMOs but I can get much more invested in single players.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

multi player games die pretty quick (im talking about shooters)

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

MoHasanie said:
I used to like single player games more but now I prefer games with a good online multiplayer.

thats the key word

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Alone by a long shot. I generally avoid MP in any game. The only time I really do play MP is with friends, whether that be in something like Smash Bros or NHL or online in Steam games like L4D2. But I almost always buy games for the single player portion. Even MP heavy games like CoD I buy mainly for the campaign. It's also why I avoid genres like MMOs and MOBAs that are MP only. They don't interest me at all.

Overall, single player.

I've had more fun multiplayer experiences though, but they're difficult to obtain (a lot of times I play multiplayer someone ends up getting really angry)