By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Single-Player or Multi-Player

*Which do you prefer?

Playing Alone 102 84.30%

Playing with Others 12 9.92%

See Results 7 5.79%

Total:121

Do you like games that are single player focused better or games that are made with multiplayer in mind?

I tend to like multiplayer games more. I always have. Local multiplayer is the most awesome but online multiplayer is fun too. It seems the games last longer when they have a multiplayer focus. 

As I get older, I'm finding that I don't like the idea of paying $60 for a game that I'll play, beat, and then ignore. I want the game to be fun to pick up and play months (years) from now.

Thoughts?

Around the Network

Personal taste, single player. If I buy a game. I usually will only buy a game that I know I will play again at some point down the road. MP is fine. But I usually don't buy a game for that. Like UC3. That was my first UC game. hate the MP. I replay single a lot.

I like single player games for the most part cause I like experiencing the story of each game

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I play online here and there. But SP is my preferance. I can go months or years barely touching online, but i'm always playing SP games

I'm a single player first, co-op second, multiplayer third kind of guy. And in multiplayer I much prefer local multiplayer.

For me, nothing beats a deep, engaging single player experience.

As to your point about one-and-done games that gather dust after your first play through, I think that's more the mark of a badly designed game than it is an indictment of single-player only software.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I like single player games for the most part cause I like experiencing the story of each game

Not to start a war but, don't you mainly play Nintendo games? 

The poll is a bit unfair. Of course I prefer to play with others. But not some random people on the internet. So I usually end up playing all my games alone since it's so hard to have all friends align schedules.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

As to your point about one-and-done games that gather dust after your first play through, I think that's more the mark of a badly designed game than it is an indictment of single-player only software.

I guess that's true. I beat cerain games like Luigi's Mansion & RE2 over and over. Yet, I just beat inFamous SS and have no interest in playing again. I think it's because the game is less fun once you know the story. The first 2 games I mentioned lack story but the gameplay is fun

*Sound Of Rain said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Not to start a war but, don't you mainly play Nintendo games? 

I mainly play PC games but I love Nintendo games the most out of the three consoles for the games that wont be available on PC

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I used to like single player games more but now I prefer games with a good online multiplayer.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54