By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayonetta 2 initially in development for Sega, Kamiya says

Yeah, no kidding the game was originally in development under SEGA. They cancelled the project because they didn't have or didn't want to use the cash to front its development and publish it. Nintendo now 100% owns the rights to it... it's not coming to PS4 or X1, so give it up. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't even be a Bayonetta 2 in the first place.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
Ryudo said:
while some people be moaning and crying begging for a port I will be playing this game on my Wii U next month. Win for me. I do this silly thing called play the games on the consoles they came out on. Money bags? Nah I also do this silly thing called saving up even if it takes months. I know I know very new crazy ideas.

Silly indeed. As if every person can easily save up money to buy every single console that has a game they like (a wiiu, a ps3, a ps4, an xb360, an xbone, a 3ds, a good pc). Saving up can be extremely difficult for people earing 500 euro a month and can bearely afford the basics. Same with people who earn more but have other expenses such as a new baby, paying health bills. Just because you find it easy, it doesn't mean everyone else does too. 

QuintonMcLeod said:
badgenome said:
Darc Requiem said:
I the see the stupid is strong in this thread. Either buy a Wii U or you won't get to play the game. I can't believe this topic is still being discussed.

But usually it's just annoying. This thread manages to be amusing.

I'll make two bets here:

If Bayonetta 2 doesn't fall right off the MC charts within two weeks, I'll give Quinton lifetime control of my avatar.

Until Bayonetta 2 comes to Playstation, at which point ryuzaki gets control of it.

How many times must people tell you that this game will not come to any other console? How many ways must people present the facts to you for you to understand? Why must people need to constantly tell you something that's so obvious for you to understand? Why?

I don't need control of your avatar. Even in 2 weeks time I'm proven right, you won't keep your word, because you don't appear to be the type of person who would keep their word.

No one listens to you because when it comes to sales, you have no idea what you're talking about. There is no place for someone on a sales forum when you don't understand how many days a game is available for its first week of tracking.

You ignore math and very kind explanations, and instead, insult other users.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

The salt is real.

Hopefully it will come to real Next Gen Systems and Bayo will have her longer hair back instead of what she has now.

Around the Network
EdHieron said:
Hopefully it will come to real Next Gen Systems and Bayo will have her longer hair back instead of what she has now.

Ugh, what is it with you port beggars? And you liked that hairstyle? Really? Plus if you want it to be in next generation systems, you'll have to wait for at least 7 years. 

Ali_16x said:
Soundwave said:
Pretty sure Sega doesn't work with Platinum Games anymore period.

Konami (MG Rising), Nintendo (W101, Bayo 2), and Microsoft (Scalebound) are Platinum's new partners and two of those three are going to lead to platform exclusive games, that's just all there is to it.

What you just said proves absolutely nothing, nothing. What you just said is that Platinum Games isn't working with Konami, Sega, Activision, and most likely Microsoft after the development of Scalebound. They will just go whereever the wind takes them to the publishers.

Platinum Games was pretty unhappy with Sega by the end of their deal with them, particularly over the way the release of Anarchy Reigns was handled. Sounds like that relationship ended in a contentious divorce.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Ugh, what is it with port beggars? You don't see any people wanting Destiny on the Wii U do you?

Bayonetta 2 for Wii U derangement syndrome.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Ugh, what is it with port beggars? You don't see any people wanting Destiny on the Wii U do you?

Are you serious? Seriously? Are you seriously going to say that? Literally for EVERY 3rd party title that doesn't come to Wii U, Wii U owners say this, "No Wii U version? Why no Wii U version? Wii U? Fuck you guys, no Wii U version". They also said that for Destiny. Don't you dare say that. 

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

This sounds like wishful thinking.

To the best of my knowledge Nintendo own the publishing rights to Bayonetta, they have a contract with Platinum Games as such.

Sega gave up rights to publish the game when they could not longer afford to fund Bayonetta 2, so it would seem to me any publishing rights they have over Bayonetta 2 were signed over to Nintendo when Nintendo came in.

Although its possible Sega's input during the game's initial development gives them some publishing rights over Bayonetta 2, yet I find it difficult to believe Nintendo would over look something like this. They wanted the game exclusively for Nintendo, I find it hard to believe they would let Sega retain any publishing rights. Although it is possible.