By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - iPhone 6 Plus Bend Test

Just absolutely despicable... Apple, this is your flagship phone and this is the result?!

Around the Network

this reminds me of the whole antennae debacle they had a while back where they told their customers that they were holding their cellphones improperly and that was causing reception issues

so to fix their design flaw they instructed their customers to go out and spend more money for cases to fix the problem...

and this kind of apathy people have wouldn't be so much of a concern if it was just restricted to relatively unimportant issues like this but no it is so pervasive that it affects perception with important issues as well

its not about telling the truth or providing the best product what's important is brainwashing people so they simply perceive that they have the best product or know the truth

MohammadBadir said:
You've got to be kidding me.
People are paying so much money for this shit and this is what they get?

Ey watch your fingers Apple is the best!
its better than Samsung. Samsung requires you to pay premium for curved TVs etc. Apple gives you the option to have a curved phone! And if you dont want one just bend it back into its original "shape".

This is what i call consumer friendly!

Apple FTW!    

/sarcasm.

Euphoria14 said:
Yeah, let's all just hop on board and shit talk those iphones.

Let's neglect to realize this happens with all smartphones. Galaxy phones, iPhones, Xperias, Lumias, Blackberry, etc...

Moral of the story? Phones can bend and they do it frequently.

http://www.cultofmac.com/297404/get-bent-shocking-history-bent-smartphones/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0

Check how much strain he applies to that Galaxy.

Gotta say tho about that iPhone video... was anyone else cringing watching him do it? absolutely painful to watch, the Galaxy gets a far worse amount of force too, if it doesn't make you cringe you have no love of technology I think.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
Euphoria14 said:

Let's neglect to realize this happens with all smartphones. Galaxy phones, iPhones, Xperias, Lumias, Blackberry, etc...

Gotta say tho about that iPhone video... was anyone else cringing watching him do it? absolutely painful to watch, the Galaxy gets a far worse amount of force too, if it doesn't make you cringe you have no love of technology I think.

Some take more pressure than others. It is also known quite well that aluminum bends. In fact, all phones can bend if not taken care of or can just happen because many of these phones are so large. This has been known for years if people paid attention.

What annoys me on this site though is this "people buy iPhones because they are brainwashed" mentality. As if jumping on the hate bandwagon and spewing the same tired old BS isn't being brainwashed. It's like I am made to look like an idiot because of the purchase I made.

This forum is downright horrible for mobile gamers, especially those brainwashed iPhone buyers like myself.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Note 3 stress test was impressive.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Euphoria14 said:

Some take more pressure than others. It is also known quite well that aluminum bends. In fact, all phones can bend if not taken care of or can just happen because many of these phones are so large. This has been known for years if people paid attention.

What annoys me on this site though is this "people buy iPhones because they are brainwashed" mentality. As if jumping on the hate bandwagon and spewing the same tired old BS isn't being brainwashed. It's like I am made to look like an idiot because of the purchase I made.

This forum is downright horrible for mobile gamers, especially those brainwashed iPhone buyers like myself.

Report and move on.  I am told that should work.

LurkerJ said:
Euphoria14 said:
ganoncrotch said:
Euphoria14 said:

Report and move on.  I am told that should work.

Unfortunately for me I have never used the report button and likely still will not. I would rather migrate to a forum with less people worried about shit talking other people based on their purchase of choice.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
Note 3 stress test was impressive.

Cringe worthy tho when his thumbs were changing colour, was covering my face a tiny bit expecting it to burst into pieces.

As for the site being bad for mobile users... any time a new phone comes out and sells more than 20 units there is 50 threads about the end of dedicated gaming devices (which haven't existed since the game boy pocket imo) but yeah I think there is conflict between gaming fans and the very outspoken mobile users, but to be fair those 2 markets are competing for the same dollar, conflict should be expected. Thing is tho, I'd say pick the fights a bit, if you feel conflict from 3ds/vita gamers then don't also begin war with the droid users, 1 fight at a time! unite with your phone brothers to destroy the non sim card scum!

or just enjoy whatever device and ignore people who tear up about it :D

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Distant Star said:
I bet Steve is going berserk on this design flaw. It causes a doubling of logistics costs to clean up this mess.

... Steve? I think he has some other issues atm.