By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu Sales (9/15 - 9/21) Bayonetta 2 39k

Mnementh said:
Well, what to take from that.

As expected Bayo 2 started bad, even terrible. Disappointing, I hoped for a miracle.

PS4, WiiU and PS3 have more or less the same baseline, although game-releases let sales spike.

It seems the japanese revitalisation of Vita is more or less over, the system drops slowly back to 10K. That would mean Vita has peaked.

X1 will probably have next week the last week over 1K for some time. Looks horrible.

3DS is the only one doing decently, but it isn't evry good overall too. Let's see how much this get revitalized with the new 3DS.

Destiny sold first week better on PS4, now better on PS3. The newer machine has more frontloaded sales? Something is wrong.

Smash has a good hold, Youkai Watch still show these incredible legs. We will have to see if it claims back the top spot in some weeks, or if Smash leg it out.

While the Vita may have peaked, I don't think it's going to roll over. It still has a ton of software announced for it, and it gets a lot of 3rd party titles.  I wouldn't assume it sinks to console HW levels long term.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Seece said:
Wow at Bayo numbers. Can't believe many thought this and Hyrule would do anything for hardware (WW) when it's clear the boost is non existant now.

And now nothing until Smash in late November, which is 8 weeks away.

Fatal Frame is coming this week. THEN it's nothing for 8 weeks... If Smash does release in November.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

I feel bad for the people who thought Bayo2 was actually going to perform in Japan. I feel especially bad for those who feel it could still do well in the West. Hop into reality.

3DS up this week? Why?

outlawauron said:

While the Vita may have peaked, I don't think it's going to roll over. It still has a ton of software announced for it, and it gets a lot of 3rd party titles.  I wouldn't assume it sinks to console HW levels long term.

And PSTV also gives devs a reason to continue making Vita games.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
outlawauron said:

And PSTV also gives devs a reason to continue making Vita games.

That is the case of PSTV takes off. But I think it'll be much like Vita itself and only have a niche appeal to hardcore gamers who want Vita games but would rather not have a Vita.

When you look at PSTV for what it is, a digital-only microconsole with decent multimedia capabilities and a subscription-based hook, it doesn't have very wide appeal.

Most consumers will either go with a device that's purely multimedia with no subscription (like Roku) or an actual console. More straightforward to own and use.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

As expected Bayo 2 started bad, even terrible. Disappointing, I hoped for a miracle.

PS4, WiiU and PS3 have more or less the same baseline, although game-releases let sales spike.

It seems the japanese revitalisation of Vita is more or less over, the system drops slowly back to 10K. That would mean Vita has peaked.

X1 will probably have next week the last week over 1K for some time. Looks horrible.

3DS is the only one doing decently, but it isn't evry good overall too. Let's see how much this get revitalized with the new 3DS.

Destiny sold first week better on PS4, now better on PS3. The newer machine has more frontloaded sales? Something is wrong.

Smash has a good hold, Youkai Watch still show these incredible legs. We will have to see if it claims back the top spot in some weeks, or if Smash leg it out.

Hmm, possible. Maybe we see a fierce fight of PS4 and Vita next year.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

fleischr said:

That is the case of PSTV takes off. But I think it'll be much like Vita itself and only have a niche appeal to hardcore gamers who want Vita games but would rather not have a Vita.

When you look at PSTV for what it is, a digital-only microconsole with decent multimedia capabilities and a subscription-based hook, it doesn't have very wide appeal.

Most consumers will either go with a device that's purely multimedia with no subscription (like Roku) or an actual console. More straightforward to own and use.

It's a cheap alternative for emerging markets such as China (when Sony release there)

The PS5 Exists. 

NintendoPie said:
I feel bad for the people who thought Bayo2 was actually going to perform in Japan. I feel especially bad for those who feel it could still do well in the West. Hop into reality.

3DS up this week? Why?

because the sky is high:P i never thought that will do well in japan,so i m one from the second team you feel bad for and i m allowed to feel that will do better in the west:P ;)
feel bad when will be released,if it fails,not so prematurely ;)

Mnementh said:
outlawauron said:
Mnementh said:

Hmm, possible. Maybe we see a fierce fight of PS4 and Vita next year.

I think we will, but only because 2015 has enough PS4 software to give it a solid year (I think PS4 will finish over 1 million in 2015 and Vita will likely be right below or on 1 million). 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

NintendoPie said:

3DS up this week? Why?

Holiday on the 15th.