By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [Quick Topic] Nintendo have weird taste in indie games.

Have anyone notice Nintendo's weird taste in Indie games lately. Shovel Knight is awesome, Squid Odyssey (I feel) need more love, and many other little hidden gems in the eShop that need more love...but then there games like IQ Test....The Letter....Spiky Walls, a Floppy Bird rip-off, ........now .... this.

While Nintendo is approving weird crap like this (no offense to the games respected developers) other consoles owners are getting ........:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wptj8IozuHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6Ujc4TXCrg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W51akPcXjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUQ4tbSiJ_o

I heard good thing about how Nintendo treats indies, a lot of supports given...but come on Nintendo, we deserve better then this :(

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

Around the Network

Nintendo exercises strict quality control, people complain about not enough games.

Nintendo exercises relaxed quality control, people complain about crap games.

Nintendo releases some of the best exclusives in the industry, people complain about no third party support.

Well, I'd sure love being in Nintendo's shoes. /sarcasm

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

I didn't know Nintendo was making all those indie games! This is news to me

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ZyroXZ2 said:
Nintendo exercises strict quality control, people complain about not enough games.

Nintendo releases some of the best exclusives in the industry, people complain about no third party support.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Beggars can't be choosers i guess

Around the Network

We shouldn't punish games for being bad, we should reward the ones that are good, by giving them more space on the shop front page and whatnot. Preventing games from releasing on the store because they dont meet some arbitrary quality standard is silly...

Also, Nintendo's "taste" in indie games? That makes no sense. Nintendo isn't making these games and they aren't pursuing them, they are just allowing them to be released...

Nintendo can do whatever it can to attract indie devs to its platforms (and there is always room for improvement from the big N), but in the end it's up to the developers to see if a game comes to the console. Install base, development costs, kickstarter campaigns/tiers, digital purchase percentages, etc. all play a part in this.

Just ignore the shovelware and focus on the great games like Shovel Knight, Child of Light, Guacamelee, SteamWorld Dig, and others that show a knack for great game design.

But man, that video honestly made me nauseous. @_@

sundin13 said:

We shouldn't punish games for being bad, we should reward the ones that are good, by giving them more space on the shop front page and whatnot. Preventing games from releasing on the store because they dont meet some arbitrary quality standard is silly...

Also, Nintendo's "taste" in indie games? That makes no sense. Nintendo isn't making these games and they aren't pursuing them, they are just allowing them to be released...

By "taste" I meant their approval 

Don’t follow the hype, follow the games

— 

Here a little quote I want for those to keep memorize in your head for this coming next gen.                            

By: Suke

I don't understand the question. You yourself named some really fantastic indie games on Nintendo platforms. Are you under the impression that Sony and Microsoft do not allow shitty indie games to be published on their platforms?

Fusioncode said:
ZyroXZ2 said:

You didn't make any argument to be addressed. :P