By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny is a grinding game

does destiny loot system need to be fixed?

yes 77 70.00%

no 8 7.27%

i don't mind using exploits 7 6.36%

eh 17 15.45%

Total:109
ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

No, its also Rare armor too. You don't just get to 27 with one of your gear missing light.

There is not Legendary and Exotic without light lol... the Legendary give you +18 lights from begin and if you level them you got +27... now the Exotic is a trouble one because it gives you +20 from start but I never got to upgrade it because it didn't more at all with experience... it is too slow to upgrade.

And you know what? I did the new Queen's event right now and got the last part of my Legendary gears... the helmet... now I'm officially at 2 or 3 lights from lvl 28 (I guess the first upgrade in this Legendary will give it).

If play new events is griding then ok.

I just said a Rare gave you light too. You were trying to say you ONLY had 2 legendaries and an Exotic, which is not true, you had to have a Rare giving you light also right?

Queen's events are now the easiest way in the game to grind and get legendary gear. All you have to do is complete one of her bounties and then one of her missions (a mission you've played already). Then you automatically get legendary armor. You're grinding without knowing it. I guess that's good for you, but everyone else knows that Destiny is full of grinding.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Yes, if you have played that mission/strike before then it is the same missions/strikes.

Staying in a spot killing the same enemy is known as farming.

By that definition.

All games I ever played are the same... I do the same mission/history over and over and over again... I do beat SF with all characther... the same fights over and over again.

huh? What are you saying now? That every game is the same game?

Let me keep this simple for you. Repetitiveness = grinding. There's like 5 or 6 strikes in the game, you've played them over 60 times. That's grinding.

jlmurph2 said:

Let me keep this simple for you. Repetitiveness = grinding. There's like 5 or 6 strikes in the game, you've played them over 60 times. That's grinding.

SFIV 30+ characters... I played with all of them... Repetitiveness = grinding.

It is the same.

I played TLOU five times...  Repetitiveness = grinding.

It is the same.

Tetris is just grinding... Pac-Man lol a hell of grinding.

Candy Crush is grinding.

lol

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

Re-playing the same missions/strikes over and over to get better loot is grinding.

The same?

- The Heroic Story Mission I do one time per day and everyday you have a new one.
- Weekly Heroic Strike I do one time per Week.
- The Weekly Nightfall Strike and Raid I do a lot of time becuase I need to beat this things... and sometimes I don't have the right guys together so we get us asses kicked (Weekly Nighfall didn't have checkpoints... if all guys die you back to Orbit).
- Crucible well what the point of a PVP if is not play over and over and over again lol... what change are the players and maybe 10 maps.

Griding for me is stay in a spot killing the same enemy over and over and over again to get a better loot.

That is "farming". 

Good example is when everyone chills at the magic cave in the comsmodrone patrol level on Earth, killing all the Acolytes that continuosly respawn.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

lol etho, you just don't understand what grinding and farming are.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
lol etho, you just don't understand what grinding and farming are.

Farming I undestood...

But grinding is like every game... repetitiveness... it is like if I finished Contra 10 times (or more) I was grinding.

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

SFIV 30+ characters... I played with all of them... Repetitiveness = grinding.

It is the same.

I played TLOU five times...  Repetitiveness = grinding.

It is the same.

Tetris is just grinding... Pac-Man lol a hell of grinding.

Candy Crush is grinding.

lol

Well yeah lol if you feel like grinding in those types of games.

jlmurph2 said:

So it is about feel?

Then Destiny didn't have grinding.

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

So it is about feel?

Then Destiny didn't have grinding.

Lol you're trying really hard at this right now aren't you?

I didn't say if you feel like it is grinding. 

I said if you feel like grinding. So if you wanna play those games over and over, by all means, grind away.

i have to say that im a ps fan and i know destiny has done alot with PS4 HW and its brand but i dont like the game and will not support it only played the beta and read watched reviews, angry joes is good

i just dont get why there hasnt been a good scify game with aliens, i want current world modern weapons with aliens/grays as we know em from the media and there basic flying saucers

halos gears destiny ect are way to over the top and unbelievable/fantasy with there different planets solar systems and enemy design

i more in line with area 51 and half life

Play Me