By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny is a grinding game

does destiny loot system need to be fixed?

yes 77 70.00%

no 8 7.27%

i don't mind using exploits 7 6.36%

eh 17 15.45%

Total:109
spemanig said:
Destiny is a game that wants to be an MMO so badly, but does't want to believe that it wants to be an MMO.

And yeah, grinding has no place in games anymore. Figure out better ways to make the player feel like they've progressed. The second a player needs to exploit a game, you know that it's chronically flawed.

I disagree... griding is cool... it is not your type of game.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Grinding isn't cool at all. Grinding is soley a product of hardware limitations that haven't been present for over a decade. Tell me; how exactly does doing the same mundaine task over and over again only to receive incremental benefits at all serve for a positive or productive experience? What about grinding is redeeming of itself at all?

ethomaz said:

@silentdj151 is contradicting @jlmurph2

When I replay a Strike Mission without any reward (because I already did once) it is griding too? Everything to you guys is grinding lol

BTW the Destiny didn't reached the end yet.

You just said you're playing Daily and Weekly Strikes. Those are the ones giving you a reward for replaying it. Or you're playing a Strike mission for a bounty, that is also grinding. With you being a level 27 you should know how repetitive this is. You had to grind to get where you are. You most likely went into the strike playlist and replayed missions to get vanguard marks. All of that is grinding.

jlmurph2 said:

You just said you're playing Daily and Weekly Strikes. Those are the ones giving you a reward for replaying it. Or you're playing a Strike mission for a bounty, that is also grinding. With you being a level 27 you should know how repetitive this is. You had to grind to get where you are. You most likely went into the strike playlist and replayed missions to get vanguard marks. All of that is grinding.

It gives me once... each new Daily Heroic mission give me reward once... each new Weekly Heroic Strike give me reward once.

If I help a friend to finish a Weekly Heroic Strike I receive nothing because I always did it.

And lvl 27 is just 2 Legendary gears + 1 Exotic gear... nothing more... Exotic got from Xur and the others two I bought with Marks... it did not grind yet at all.

Play Strike missions is not griding or maybe are you saying playing Crucible is griding too lol

I do because it is fun to play with friends... just that... and each new mission I try all difficult to see up which I can done solo of with friends.

Grind is play repetivelly the same mission to get some gears... I didn't do that... I got gears just playing what is fun in the game... I didn't even expect to receive gears.

I play Raid and Strikes without recieve any reward at all (these events just reward you once)... just because buddies call me to play.

The biggest flaw of the game is its random loot system, it doesnt make any sense. Its so fucking random its maddening.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
spemanig said:
Destiny is a game that wants to be an MMO so badly, but does't want to believe that it wants to be an MMO.

And yeah, grinding has no place in games anymore. Figure out better ways to make the player feel like they've progressed. The second a player needs to exploit a game, you know that it's chronically flawed.

I don't get it, you're saying Destiny isn't his type of game because grinding is cool, yet you're saying that you don't grind in Destiny. Which is it?

ethomaz said:

jlmurph2 said:

It gives me once... each new Daily Heroic mission give me reward once... each new Weekly Heroic Strike give me reward once.

If I help a friend to finish a Weekly Heroic Strike I receive nothing because I always did it.

And lvl 27 is just 2 Legendary gears + 1 Exotic gear... nothing more... Exotic got from Xur and the others two I bought with Marks... it did not grind yet at all.

Play Strike missions is not griding or maybe are you saying playing Crucible is griding too lol

I do because it is fun to play with friends... just that... and each new mission I try all difficult to see up which I can done solo of with friends.

Grind is play repetivelly the same mission to get some gears... I didn't do that... I got gears just playing what is fun in the game... I didn't even expect to receive gears.

I play Raid and Strikes without recieve any reward at all (these events just reward you once)... just because buddies call me to play.

No, its also Rare armor too. You don't just get to 27 with one of your gear missing light.

jlmurph2 said:

No, its also Rare armor too. You don't just get to 27 with one of your gear missing light.

There is not Legendary and Exotic without light lol... the Legendary give you +18 lights from begin and if you level them you got +27... now the Exotic is a trouble one because it gives you +20 from start but I never got to upgrade it because it didn't more at all with experience... it is too slow to upgrade.

And you know what? I did the new Queen's event right now and got the last part of my Legendary gears... the helmet... now I'm officially at 2 or 3 lights from lvl 28 (I guess the first upgrade in this Legendary will give it).

If play new events is griding then ok.

jlmurph2 said:

I don't get it, you're saying Destiny isn't his type of game because grinding is cool, yet you're saying that you don't grind in Destiny. Which is it?

What you are not getting?

I like grinding but I didn't need in Destiny yet... and you can play Destiny without grind.

Of course I will grind when I have time to stop to play the new events.

PS. I love to grind since first FFs in NES... it is like I stay in some place just steling and killing without make anything... FF7 I got lvl 99 before finish the first disc and have the limit break lvl 3 before left midgar.

jlmurph2 said:

Yes, if you have played that mission/strike before then it is the same missions/strikes.

Staying in a spot killing the same enemy is known as farming.

By that definition.

All games I ever played are the same... I do the same mission/history over and over and over again... I do beat SF with all characther... the same fights over and over again.