By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The best Destiny players are on Xbox

kupomogli said:
A console brand that's always been aimed towards shooter fans has people who are good at shooters on it. Imagine that.

Around the Network

I decided to look at the Destiny tracker myself, and it's not so cut and dry. Sure the Xbox owners have higher ratings, but looking at the leaderboards, there are people who have high ratings with less matches.

If you look at the top 10 for Xbox and top 10 for Playstation, there's a player named FistofHavoc on the Playstation side who's not on the both section. He has a score of 1,583,650.with 299 matches. That's a score of 5296 per match. In the Xbox top 10, the best score to match ratio is the second place person, RAPI_Tank with a score of 2,116,155 and 482 matches. That comes to a score of 4390 per match.

So it looks like Playstation owners have more skill. Anyone can play hundreds of matches to get a higher score. Score per match is what really shows a players skill and it looks like Playstation has the best player.

Wait, wait ... we're making a big deal about the top 10 teams in a game with hundreds of thousands of players?  Ahaha.

Seven of the top 10 spots are occupied by Xbox players, 12 of the top 20, and 29 of the top 50.

That's much more balanced, although it's still pretty meaningless.  

As an "average" player, though, I'd rather play in the ecosystem without the hardcore PVP teams.  I used to play on a WoW server that had some of the most famous PVP guilds in the game.  It was brutal.  I had a LOT more fun in PVP when I made a new character on a new server that didn't have any guilds that farmed PVP constantly.

Best Playstation players were former 360 owners... j/k

that is shocking, i gotta sit down and take in this shocking revelation

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
kupomogli said:

I decided to look at the Destiny tracker myself, and it's not so cut and dry. Sure the Xbox owners have higher ratings, but looking at the leaderboards, there are people who have high ratings with less matches.

If you look at the top 10 for Xbox and top 10 for Playstation, there's a player named FistofHavoc on the Playstation side who's not on the both section. He has a score of 1,583,650.with 299 matches. That's a score of 5296 per match. In the Xbox top 10, the best score to match ratio is the second place person, RAPI_Tank with a score of 2,116,155 and 482 matches. That comes to a score of 4390 per match.

So it looks like Playstation owners have more skill. Anyone can play hundreds of matches to get a higher score. Score per match is what really shows a players skill and it looks like Playstation has the best player.

Score per match does not equal skill. Just because someone camps with a sniper each game and get one or several 20+ kill streaks that does not make him a better player.

As well as tons of other things that come into play (such as better teams competing among themselves for points).

Interesting stuff. Either way the amount of top players they mention is only a miniscule fraction of those playing the game.

This is very exciting information.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

incorrect title because as the same article states there's no comparison between platforms being done...

only a comparison between players on the same platform...

all that this shows is that there's a bigger discrepancy between the better players and the players who are at the bottom of the community in terms of skill on xbl

whereas psn players seem to be closer to each other in terms of skill level

edit : the funny thing is that the writer acknowledges how wrong their premise is in the article itself thereby admitting that the article's only purpose is to be whored out for attention... pathetic

thegentlemanzombie said:

I play Destiny on the PS4 and the only time I've gone into the Crucible was when the game forced me to in order to grind out an Exotic gun. It's a PVE dungeon grind gear game, the PVP element of the game is so ancillary... and frankly it's not fun.

I have a feeling You haven't played Destiny too much at all. After reaching level 20 I spend most of the time on Crucible to gain crucible points in order to buy/find better gear in order to have more light points in order to level up more.