By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you consider Hyrule Warriors a proper entry in the Zelda franchise?

?

Yes 28 14.43%

No 166 85.57%

Total:194
Panther111 said:

Play the freaking game!

I am; just finished the branching pathways bit and now up to the Master Sword Temple thingie. ;)

Around the Network

I cannot remember where... but I saw an interview around e3 2014 where it was said that this is non canon. Edit: Cheebee posted a link.

Because of this I would say no.

However... the game is much more fun than I expected it would be! I am really enjoying it.
I would also argue that it has more depth than what people are giving it credit for (most people have not played it).

You collect loot, find treasures, gold skulltulas, co operative gameplay, weapon fusing, stat boosts, level up, different modes etc.

In between mission and after mission has voiced narrative which I was not expecting, although it is a nice touch.
This game is a lot of fun, I have played Dynasty Warriors before; which it was reasonably fun, however I like the Zelda touches in this more, the game just feels more polished. Using the boomerang to traverse into different areas, bombs etc.

Dynasty Warriors and Hyrule Warriors are not ground breaking games, nor do they need to be. They are simply FUN. I play games for fun, that is the point of a video game, to escape from the outside world and enter one that breaks down the barriers of reality.

Definitely not...and I think that anyone who answered "yes" is just trolling the poll. The comments seem to support this opinion as no one has given justification for it being considered a "proper entry."

This has nothing to do with the quality or enjoyment of the game, but rather refers to the fact that Zelda games are defined by exploration, puzzle solving, and finally combat...not those things reversed.

It's obviously a spin-off. Don't get me wrong, it looks good, but it's not main series Zelda.

No.

Around the Network

It's a spin-ff collab with Dynasty Warriors.... it has been stated multiple times that it was NOT a Zelda entry title

god, people dont read