By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hyrule Warrior's have sold in Europe more than in Japan?

I see my estimate was already posted.  The issue with the OP is that the Sims 4 is on its third week in the most recent Chart-Track, but the first week on VGC.  So he missed the second week drop of 63%.  It seems VGC has posted the UK chart for the week ending the 13th since then though.

Around the Network

I hope it sells a mil lifetime. Wasn't it doing very well on Amazon us

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Ka-pi96 said:
It wouldn't be that big of a surprise really. Zelda is a bigger franchise in Europe, and particularly the US than it is in Japan. Add to that the fact that the Japanese gaming market pales in comparison to the European market.

exactly!i have post this many times...!for me it s a zelda game and for the  most:Pthis wouldnt be a surprise for you...but for three specific members here would be,they constantly downplay it:P for me for you or others is logical to sell far better in the west,for them is not... i didnt understand why!however lets wait for numbers! wind waker HD proves what you said!windwaker hd has been outsold in japan by hyrule warriors unbelievably soon(this happened thanks to the big difference of their opening weeks 30k vs 75K), but ww hd hit 1m+ because of europe and particularly usa!a question to  you,was it wrong that some took japan as an indication  of bad sales in the west?,  is wrong for sure :P

spurgeonryan said:
Ninsect said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6694418

TL;DR: 8,336 to 16,009

You and I can only hope it is not this low!

This is the Uk we're talking about, Spurgey!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

spurgeonryan said:
Ninsect said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6694418

TL;DR: 8,336 to 16,009

You and I can only hope it is not this low!

We know it is. Basic math

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

Hey, I'm okay with Wii U doing less than stellar because, as a company that takes risks, you have ups and downs. The Wii was high risk and thus it led to high profits and the 3rd gen king. But the Wii U had high risks as well and it can turn out for better or for worse. But that's for another thread, Hyrule Warriors just isn't that big of a deal to many people because well, it's not the next Zelda. I'll buy it sooner or later but I'm more psyched for that Dragon Quest Heroes game! Everyone's going to the O team for hack n' slash fun.

Hyrule warriors will move more systems than people think. Me and my sisters were sitting down watching (we tape them both) gurren laggan or AOT on toonami. We were fast forwarding through it and my sister rewinded it just to see the commercial and Automatically she wants it. Now she would buy a wii U for it but we do not have the money for one or we would already have it, I'm pretty sure it will have the same effect on others who actually have the money to go out and buy the wii U and even if it doesn't do the significant push it will help bolster the holiday season. Both this and bayonetta are some dark horses which may or may not surprise people.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

flagstaad said:
The main problem of this game is not FW, its legs, as a general rule Musou games are very front loaded, and it looks like this one will not be the exception, many of my friends that love LoZ are buying the game first day, and then nothing... we did not even ordered additional units beyond the ones request in advance in the group.

I get the feeling this is going to be a popular gift game. Certainly a number of people will buy it for themselves day 1. Beyond that, friends and family know somebody who 1. Likes Zelda. 2. Wants this game but hasn't bought it 3. Has a wii u / is getting one.

It's an effect that's hard to put into words....

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

uran10 said:
Hyrule warriors will move more systems than people think. Me and my sisters were sitting down watching (we tape them both) gurren laggan or AOT on toonami. We were fast forwarding through it and my sister rewinded it just to see the commercial and Automatically she wants it. Now she would buy a wii U for it but we do not have the money for one or we would already have it, I'm pretty sure it will have the same effect on others who actually have the money to go out and buy the wii U and even if it doesn't do the significant push it will help bolster the holiday season. Both this and bayonetta are some dark horses which may or may not surprise people.

Totally agreed. Glad to hear Nintendo is marketing the game well.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:

I get the feeling this is going to be a popular gift game. Certainly a number of people will buy it for themselves day 1. Beyond that, friends and family know somebody who 1. Likes Zelda. 2. Wants this game but hasn't bought it 3. Has a wii u / is getting one.

It's an effect that's hard to put into words....

I don't know... a full priced game is too expensive for a gift in my country, so I would not know, do you get many games as gifts? do you give games as gifts?