By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Where is the Sunset Overdrive expectation?

It looks great I hope it sells.

Around the Network
Aerys said:

Being good isnt always enough to sell well,  reviews impact sales mostly when they are bad.

Resistance 3 was a normal FPS,  Sunset Overdrive is much more difficult to sell.

We're getting off topic here.

You said Sunset will only sell about 300K outside of bundles. I'm simply saying it can do that easily and then some. It'll get more marketing in the coming weeks, that'll boost pre-orders and raise interest among people that won't even bother to pre-order.

Whether or not its an easy sell like Resistance is another discussion.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

palitococo said:

Do you think that MS its'nt doing his homework with this exclusive little? I know the white bundle its gonna help, but cant they be more agresive with the marketing push?

Microsoft wants to be associated with anything that strongly resonates with Sony to draw gamers towards them. Insomniac needs a publisher who will let them keep their IP. Match made in heaven. 

I don't have high hopes for the game as Insomniac has always been slightly above average but never quite there. We'll see how I feel about Sunset later.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft wants to be associated with anything that strongly resonates with Sony to draw gamers towards them.

I think that's called competing.

Hence, Sony and Bungie.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft wants to be associated with anything that strongly resonates with Sony to draw gamers towards them.

Hence, Sony and Bungie.

Microsoft does it way more than Sony. Bungie is one game. Tekken, MGS, Insomniac, Square and others are on the list to boot. MS best E3's are the ones where the acquire games that were associated with Sony. Tomb Raider included.

Around the Network

It's on the wrong system, if it was PC or PS4 as well (or eexcluaive to one of those) more people would pay attention.

Also, it suffers from the same problem as the Order, the e3 demo did not leave much of an impression on many people who played it.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hence, Sony and Bungie.

Microsoft does it way more than Sony. Bungie is one game. Tekken, MGS, Insomniac, Square and others are on the list to boot. MS best E3's are the ones where the acquire games that were associated with Sony. Tomb Raider included.

Ofcourse MS did it more, Sony dominated the industry.

Everything was associated with Sony. This is why I like MS in the industry, the industry needed more competition.

I got the impression Sony got Unreal Tournament 3 exclusively as a response to Gears of War. Sony also worked with Valve because Xbox was getting Left 4 Dead exclusively. Like I said before, its just competition.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Hence, Sony and Bungie.

Ofcourse MS did it more, Sony dominated the industry.

Everything was associated with Sony. This is why I like MS in the industry, the industry needed more competition.

I got the impression Sony got Unreal Tournament 3 exclusively as a response to Gears of War. Sony also worked with Valve because Xbox was getting Left 4 Dead exclusively. Like I said before, its just competition.

Even if the tides were turned. Sony would still take in less. Tekken in general was a franchise that Sony took stock in, Sony had shares in square as well. MGS was not put on the Nintendo console for reason of format. A gen later it went on other platforms. Sony was dominant because they made themselves available and open to almost all brands.

Sony had to change Valves bad perception of them. Gabe Newell even apologized at the conference when he revealed Portal 2 on the console. He had a bad perception in an almost condescending fashion towards Sony.

I don't think this was ever going to be a big mainstream hit. Especially being exclusive to Xbox which doesn't have an audience for this type of game. I'm guessing 1.5m lifetime but we'll see if it can prove me wrong.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Even if the tides were turned. Sony would still take in less. Tekken in general was a franchise that Sony took stock in, Sony had shares in square as well. MGS was not put on the Nintendo console for reason of format. A gen later it went on other platforms. Sony was dominant because they made themselves available and open to almost all brands.

Sony had to change Valves bad perception of them. Gabe Newell even apologized at the conference when he revealed Portal 2 on the console. He had a bad perception in an almost condescending fashion towards Sony.

Well the reality is MS came into the industry when Sony was dominant. Naturally they had to take from Sony because they had all the noteworthy support.

No point in arguing, MS and Sony make moves to appeal to the competitions audience.

Sony was pretty blatanly copying Nintendo with some PS3 games and PS Move.

Recently Completed