By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does MS really deserve praise for "listening" to consumers ??

oniyide said:
daredevil.shark said:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind. lol. My mistake. From now on I will never praise Microsfot. Happy?

No it doesnt. It leaves everybody with one eye. That way we're all reminded of foolishness

Ha ha ha.

Around the Network

No. They thought up those bad ideas. Weather they can work most of the time, or not. People don't like being told how to use their stuff. Simple as that. Yes, no hardware is gonna be fully friendly. I still can't use SD cards on a iPhone. And I would have to hack it to get features like auto rotating wallpapers to work. But MS saying THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED. FOLLOW EVERYTHING WE SAY is just too far. Guess what MS? My DVR works fine the way it is. I don't need that junk pass through.

They also keep getting more negative look from me, with all the buyouts and exclusive BS. I don't like any of that nonsense. Even with DLC. I didn't like that it took over a year to get the exp. packs of GTA IV to come to PC. Which in return, I haven't even bothered playing all the way though. Because GTA IV was so old, I didn't want to play it anymore. I will never like that I have to wait who knows how long till I can play Tomb Raider 2. And most likely will not care about that game long before a PS4 version comes out.

MS doesn't get a free emotional pass from me. Nor does any other company in this regard. I always look at my Wii U. And need 3 controllers out for one game system...

daredevil.shark said:
vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:

An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind. lol. My mistake. From now on I will never praise Microsfot. Happy?

You need to buy 3 PS4 Knack bundles to repent.

I will be honest with you. I never had the intention to buy PS4 this early. But in order to respect their decision against DRM I got PS4. I have purchased only two games. Infamous second son and watch dogs. I liked both of these.

I still play more in my PC and PS3. PS4 is now packed in the drawer. Waiting for worthy game.

Please no. Not knack. I will buy anything but knack.

Well it's not much different for me. I currently own more Wii U retail games than PS4 games even though I bought the PS4 a lot earlier.  All the important multiplats except for AC:U I will get on PC. So at the end of the year I will have bought 3 retail games for PS4(2 of which are AC) and 4 on Wii U and another uncountable amount on PC.

Yet I think the PS4 is well worth a purchase. A console shouldn't be judged on the quantity of its games. Except if it's Xbox.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

daredevil.shark said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
daredevil.shark said:

Have you forgotten killzone and motorstorm CGI? Or dual; yes dual 1080p output for PS3? I havent. Point it everyone makes mistake. And everyone deserves a chance. Sony made a mistake with PS3. Nintendo made a mistake with Wii U. And microsoft made a mistake with Xbox One. And they are trying to correct it.

http://www.giantbomb.com/god-of-war-iii/3030-20461/forums/god-of-war-3-no-longer-1080p-383894/

Sony wasn't forgiven, neither was Nintendo. Why does Microsoft get better treatment?

From the comments of many it seems opposite. But I dont care. I got to play awesome exclusives because of these mistakes.

Don't get it twisted, Sony was never forgiven for the PS3, and the PS4 was expected to fail and be overpriced because of the PS3 launch price which was 8 years ago. When PS4 was beating XB1 in america, people were like, its 95% price, the PS3 was so bad they couldn't even fathom how PS4 could lead in the US. Despite one generation of 1st for the Xbox, everything PS had done in the US was completely undone, or so they claim. When PS4 was winning Globally, it was oh its because its less regions. Even when PS4 said 10 million sold, people on this very site were like, nope not possible.

Even during the Wii, Nintendo got a whole bunch of shit from reputable sources, with the Wii U, Nintendo can't even use sales as defense anymore. They have to go back to profitability. Now you'd b lucky to find a pro-nintendo article that doesn't try and defend itself from the onslaught.

Gamers don't forgive, and they sure as hell don't forget.

And on a side note, just because MS shouldn't be forgiven for their mistakes, but instead learn from them and try to impress us, the consumers. their friggen bosses, otherwise. Has nothing to do with whether or you got to play good exclusives.

If MS didn't royally fuck up, it wouldn't stop the game from being made, and whether or not its exclusive doesn't mean it will be more fun, it just means less gamers get to play it.

You don't praise someone for fixing their mistakes, that just encourages them to make more mistakes. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

vivster said:
daredevil.shark said:

I will be honest with you. I never had the intention to buy PS4 this early. But in order to respect their decision against DRM I got PS4. I have purchased only two games. Infamous second son and watch dogs. I liked both of these.

I still play more in my PC and PS3. PS4 is now packed in the drawer. Waiting for worthy game.

Please no. Not knack. I will buy anything but knack.

Well it's not much different for me. I currently own more Wii U retail games than PS4 games even though I bought the PS4 a lot earlier.  All the important multiplats except for AC:U I will get on PC. So at the end of the year I will have bought 3 retail games for PS4(2 of which are AC) and 4 on Wii U and another uncountable amount on PC.

Yet I think the PS4 is well worth a purchase. A console shouldn't be judged on the quantity of its games. Except if it's Xbox.

Man. I had so many high hopes for Xbox One. I was ready to get Xbox One before PS4 because of great online. PS3 had issues with multiplayer. But that reveal and DRM changed everything. I will probably never buy Xbox One or I might change my mind if there are worthy exclusives. I play most of the games in PC and rest exclusives in consoles. Lets wait and see waht happens. I am hoping for the best.

Around the Network

Their efforts made to be a serious competitor is appreciated as a X1 owner.

People say MS doesn't need Xbox, yet MS is doing a pretty damn good job supporting it.

Sony apparently doesn't need Vita, so they just let it die. Sony isn't listening to those fans.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

daredevil.shark said:
Madword said:
daredevil.shark said:

Have you forgotten killzone and motorstorm CGI? Or dual; yes dual 1080p output for PS3? I havent. Point it everyone makes mistake. And everyone deserves a chance. Sony made a mistake with PS3. Nintendo made a mistake with Wii U. And microsoft made a mistake with Xbox One. And they are trying to correct it.

http://www.giantbomb.com/god-of-war-iii/3030-20461/forums/god-of-war-3-no-longer-1080p-383894/

Sony worked hard on their mistakes of the PS3 by making such a wide range of games, that MS was unable to match. So MS can easily fix this by showing they support the gamer by making lots of games... I dont mean buying Minecraft or making Tomb Raider exclusive... I mean making actual games. They do that, I will look to forgive them and buy the console in a couple of years, if they don't they are not going to recover from their earlier mistakes imho.

A false promise is a false promise no matter how you spin it. Did ps3 had killzone and motorstorm type graphics? No. Did ps3 games output 1080p x2? No. Microsoft wants to dominate. And they are preparing for it. Never underestimate the opponent. Nintendo did it with N64. Sony did it with PS3. And Microsoft did it with Xbox 360.

As for the competition. Yes. I am loving that PS4 is doing well. But I also know Microsoft will strike back. So do Nintendo. This makes console gaming fun. And this is how it should be.

I'm pretty just playing the damn games is what makes console gaming fun, not our constant pissing contests about sales, resolutions and exclusives.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

daredevil.shark said:

Man. I had so many high hopes for Xbox One. I was ready to get Xbox One before PS4 because of great online. PS3 had issues with multiplayer. But that reveal and DRM changed everything. I will probably never buy Xbox One or I might change my mind if there are worthy exclusives. I play most of the games in PC and rest exclusives in consoles. Lets wait and see waht happens. I am hoping for the best.

Case in point.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Mr Puggsly said:

Their efforts made to be a serious competitor is appreciated as a X1 owner.

People say MS doesn't need Xbox, yet MS is doing a pretty damn good job supporting it.

Sony apparently doesn't need Vita, so they just let it die. Sony isn't listening to those fans.

Claims Sony let Vita die...despite PreTGS having 1 half dedicated to Vita.

Conviently ignores the Xbox.

daredevil.shark said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
daredevil.shark said:

Sony wasn't forgiven, neither was Nintendo. Why does Microsoft get better treatment?

From the comments of many it seems opposite. But I dont care. I got to play awesome exclusives because of these mistakes.

To be fair, when Sony debuted those trailers they said that this is what they THOUGHT PS3 gamers had to look forward to.  To their credt, when it became obvious that the real games wouldn't be able to pull it off, they didn't try to hide it with PC rigs and fake demos, like MS did with Forza 5.  And Nintendo just made a mistake in judging what gamers wanted this gen, so nothing actually wrong commited against gamers that would instill anger.

I think another problem MS faces is that this gen, gamers have started to push back against the gaming media.  And who has benefited the most from media bias this gen?  MS.  They have gotten away with quite a bit this gen, that others wouldn't have.  The gaming media seems to be on MS's side, for the most part, and in general, never seem to bash them much.  There were some who defended the DRM.  When resolution-gate happened, there were countless articles about how resolution didn't matter, something that NEVER happend last gen when the PS3 was losing the multiplat battle.  And when Forza 5 dropped, the media barely talked about MS deceiving their customers with fake builds shown to millions on TV, and just allowed it to be forgotten.  Had Sony and Nintendo done this, it would be a big controversy (like they made the PS3 CGI demo into for awhile) and there would probably be countless lawsuits.  MS does it, "not a big deal."  I think this is part of the reason why gamers are looking at other, smaller sites/personalities for gaming news and reviews.