By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Angry Joe's Angry Review of Destiny.

WagnerPaiva said:
Hiku said:

Just thought I'd share his review of the game as I found a lot of it very enlightening, not having played the full game myself.
Joe's honesty in his reviews is very refreshing, and he feels a lot more professional than many of the actual "professional game journalists" out there. He explains all the negatives and positives in great detail. One of the best reviews I've seen.

Starting on the exact same spot no matter which mission you are on, the constant wave defense missions while Ghost hacks a computer or a door, the exact same design for legendary weapons, etc, those all sound like very lazy design, I agree.

I also recognise this business of cutting out content from a game to save it for the next game/expansion. It happened with Xenosaga 2. Monolith intended for it to have a lot more content, but Namco decided that they should cut a lot of things out and save it for Xenosaga 3 and beyond. It was originally planned to be a 6 game series, but largely due to the poor reception of Xenosaga 2, they had to wrap thigs up in Xenosaga 3.

Xenosaga 2 is one of my favorite games, I did not know it was not well received.

I've been told to skip Xenosaga 2 entirely for how terrible it is.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Good review. I'll check out the game eventually but I think I'll wait for a GOTY edition with all the DLC included.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

So, what game should I purchase for my PS3 or Xbox 360?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

my friend bought the game and said he enjoyed it kinda but its just to hold him over until new games come out then he watched this review and now he says hes going to trade it in because he bought into hype and expected way more from a 500million dollar budget.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
So, what game should I purchase for my PS3 or Xbox 360?

whatever you want to purchase. Your the only one that can decide that. what do you like?

Around the Network
enditall727 said:
Lafiel said:
I really don't like the enemy wave principle lots of games practice these days - Uncharted 2 was littered with that aswell.

Ofcourse I do get why this has become so frequent - designers spent lots of hours to create richly detailed areas and they have to get many gameplay minutes out of those areas, because they can't just create several hundreds of those. Still, I think it's very frustrating when you are caged in a small area or need to protect an npc, while enemies warp in/spawn from dropships/jump into your area from paths unaccessible to you.

It takes a lot for me to notice the enemy waves. 

The enemy-wave thing in Uncharted 2 doesn't compare to that in Destiny.

Not.. even.. close... !!!!!

Ive played all 3 Uncharted games(played Uncharted 2 numerous times specifically) and I never really got mad at the enemy waves. I never even really noticed that they would be considered enemy waves until this comment.

In Destiny, I promise on everything that I got to a point where I said " JEZUZ FUCKING CHRIZT!!!!?!!! AGAIN!!???!?"

It got predictable aswell.. I got to a point where I EXPECTED the mission to be an enemy wave mission.

You would pretty much traverse through a certain area to find a specific building which held a computer that contained information that you needed. As soon as you start scanning... PANIC TIME!!! IT'S TIME TO HOLD OFF THE ENEMY WAVES until your ghost is done scanning it. 

That shit got repetitive WAAAAAYYYYYY too quick!

In the very 1st Uncharted game there was a point towards the end of the game where I started to get tired of the shooting. I just felt that there was just a little bit too much shooting which didn't happen in Uncharted 2 or 3. But EVEN THAT didn't get me as agitated as it did in Destiny.

I've played plenty of tps/fps games but I have NEVER noticed that enemy-wave  thing until Iplayed Destiny.

I got to that aggravasion point when I was still on the moon and hadn't unlocked the other planets yet.

Edit: with that said, I think the game is "alright" though... but then again, I dont really like FPS games

99% of fp's are like that,but they usually break the repetitiveness with sniper and tank mission are something along those lines,but most of the time it's wave after wave after bad guys. I know,since I play most fps's. 

oldschoolfool said:
enditall727 said:
Lafiel said:
I really don't like the enemy wave principle lots of games practice these days - Uncharted 2 was littered with that aswell.

Ofcourse I do get why this has become so frequent - designers spent lots of hours to create richly detailed areas and they have to get many gameplay minutes out of those areas, because they can't just create several hundreds of those. Still, I think it's very frustrating when you are caged in a small area or need to protect an npc, while enemies warp in/spawn from dropships/jump into your area from paths unaccessible to you.

It takes a lot for me to notice the enemy waves. 

The enemy-wave thing in Uncharted 2 doesn't compare to that in Destiny.

Not.. even.. close... !!!!!

Ive played all 3 Uncharted games(played Uncharted 2 numerous times specifically) and I never really got mad at the enemy waves. I never even really noticed that they would be considered enemy waves until this comment.

In Destiny, I promise on everything that I got to a point where I said " JEZUZ FUCKING CHRIZT!!!!?!!! AGAIN!!???!?"

It got predictable aswell.. I got to a point where I EXPECTED the mission to be an enemy wave mission.

You would pretty much traverse through a certain area to find a specific building which held a computer that contained information that you needed. As soon as you start scanning... PANIC TIME!!! IT'S TIME TO HOLD OFF THE ENEMY WAVES until your ghost is done scanning it. 

That shit got repetitive WAAAAAYYYYYY too quick!

In the very 1st Uncharted game there was a point towards the end of the game where I started to get tired of the shooting. I just felt that there was just a little bit too much shooting which didn't happen in Uncharted 2 or 3. But EVEN THAT didn't get me as agitated as it did in Destiny.

I've played plenty of tps/fps games but I have NEVER noticed that enemy-wave  thing until Iplayed Destiny.

I got to that aggravasion point when I was still on the moon and hadn't unlocked the other planets yet.

Edit: with that said, I think the game is "alright" though... but then again, I dont really like FPS games

99% of fp's are like that,but they usually break the repetitiveness with sniper and tank mission are something along those lines,but most of the time it's wave after wave after bad guys. I know,since I play most fps's. 

Yea it's not that I dont like those type of missions... they just made too many of them too close together

This cant be how most shooters are. Lol

travel to a place while killing enemies in your way to gain exp to level up and pick up ammo for your guns a loot, get to the destination, deploy ghost to scan the computer or whatever and.. AMBUSH!

THEY ALL CANT BE LIKE THAT lol

I dont want to make it sound like the game is bad or anything because it isn't. I felt the story looks to be interesting, I like that you can actually level up and you can upgrade almost everything to a certain degree like your little hover bike thing or your ship.

I also feel that the grinding is reasonable enough when trying to level up to level 20. I'm at level 20 now and I feel like thry kinda capped the leveling at that point. I have to get armor with light in it. I have yet to run into anybody higher than leve 23 so I'm guessing it's capped at 25 for now.. maybe?

I guess they're serious about the 10 yesr thing lol

When I was at like level 8 and did a random event on the moon with like 8 other people wo were at levels 13 through 20, I must say that I viewed them as gods lol. Their defense wss CRAZY high and I couldn't help but wonder WHERE THE FUCK they got their armor and weapons from.

I did a strike on the moon with my fireteam(we were all around level 11) and this boss named fogoth or something was hard as shit! We tried and tried but we just couldn't beat him. We tried to hide in the little cave entrance but there is a gravity enemy that spawns right above you if you sit there too long and it will kill you quick. 

So I decided to invite a friend off my friends list in my session because he was at THE GODLY level 16 lol. He came in and we beat that bastard! ..and it felt good.

But uhh yea.. I think the game is alright despite having a lot of wave missions

enditall727 said:

I also feel that the grinding is reasonable enough when trying to level up to level 20. I'm at level 20 now and I feel like thry kinda capped the leveling at that point. I have to get armor with light in it. I have yet to run into anybody higher than leve 23 so I'm guessing it's capped at 25 for now.. maybe?

it's afaik capped at lvl30 and you can only lvl to 20 regularly, for the rest you need armor with extra points in light

and that's where the ultra grinding comes in, because you need to find armor that has a lot of light and is suitable for your class to be able to do the higher stuff

for the "vault of glass" raid you (and 5 allies) need to be at least lvl26 to have a chance to complete it on normal (much better lvl 28+) and lvl30 for hard, but I think nobody has done it on hard yet, because grinding 6 people to lvl30 is a monster task

some streamers are beyond 300+ hours of playing the game and still stuck at lvl 28-29

I agree with Joe. I had the same issues with destiny. However, I give the game a 7 instead of 6.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

i don't understand the hate for destiny . If people are complaining about crappy story then what about borderlands which has no story or a really bad story . I mean destiny is like borderlands with better story and better gameplay then borderlands. I just started destiny and so far its alot of fun