By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2015 is upon us... lets talk sales!!!!

People who thin k Halo5 will be juge in systèm seller terme will be disappointed

Halo 3 on the most popular console at this time didnt help as much as destiny PS4, during halo 3 launch, X360 reached only less than half what PS4 sold during destiny launch

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

I completely agree! Next year will be Wii U's peak year, seriously.

The only thing that worries me is the amount of momentum in the first 3 months after Smash Bros...
There really should have been Xenoblade in the first half. So far its Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi and something else. Middles and end of the year will be huge, and that's without the unannounced stuff or when SMG x FE will launch . We just know it's on track for next year.

Smash + Mk8 will continue to sell aswell.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Fusioncode said:
Microsoft will definitely have a price drop early 2015. Probably $349 but if they're desperate and holiday numbers are below expectations then I think they could go $299. Sony will probably wait a little longer since they have at least two major exclusives coming 2015 with Bloodborne and The Order. They can hold on to the current price until E3. They should also start bundling 1st party games for free. Dropping the price for WiiU seems pointless since it probably won't help sales and will only hurt Nintendo's profits on every console sold. I think it will stay at $299 for a while.

I think Nintendo will start doing a 3ds style of just having limited edition game bundles(starting with smash is my prediction)

and they would advertise wii u more

actually price drop will help a a lot...gamecume wouldnt manage to hit  22m if it hadnt get  price cuts 199--->149--->99!these price cuts is the reason that dominates wii u.The first price cut made in 2002 and the second in 2003...! 199$ in 2015 ,it is premature,taking into account that is getting many games and the higly anticipated zelda u and probably ,its possible biggest system seller the pokken fighters.I think the adequate price for 2015 is 249$

Hero and Heroine Trainers Club Member.

TechnoHobbit said:

Everything will be delayed until 2016.

Please, don't even joke about that!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

I have no clue what the PS4/XB1/WiiU will be at at the end of this year but I think its safe to say who is winning the year at least.

But onto to 2015 what are you guys predictions? Here is my take on 2015

• MS will be forced to drop the price of the XB1 again but this time to $299. Sony will follow suit and nintendo will drop their price to $199.
  • PS4 sales will be at least 1.5 times better than whatever they are in 2014. New price coupled with FF15, MGS5:PP, Persona 5 (basically japan will become relevant again).
  • Project Morpheus will be released in some limited capacity.
  • We will see an XB1 redesign.
  • This may sound crazy, but its possible that next year the XB1 will sell even less than it did this year. Call it a hunch..... but my reasoning is cause of the momentum PS4 will build going into the year with Bloodborne and the order. Two AAA games in the first 3 months of the year and nothing from MS.
  • In japan, $299 PS4 may either be released and/or bundled with FF15. Sony needs to do something like this in Japan and they know it.
  • Halo 5 will not do wonders for MS. My reasoning is that I believe that majority of the people that have an XB1 now had a 360 last gen. That MS is not getting "new" customers with the XB1 but rather keeping some of their loyalist. Chances are that by the time Halo 5 gets here, majority of the people that would or could have bought an XB1 for it would already have one.
  • Next year will be the best sales year for the WiiU in the 8th gen.

I really can't see this happening. Xbox might be down in January, because this year it had the launch momentum, but all of those next gen exlcusive 3rd party games will push the xbox even further then it has been this year.  Even if the PS4 does have The order and Bloodborne, I don't think it'll steal enough of the XO's potential market to push it below 2014 levels. Don't forget that although it has an empty Q1 in terms of exclusives, unlike the PS4 it has a fairly strong holiday line up to carry it into 2015. Both systems should be up massively YOY throughout 2015.  

It's still too early to talk about sales. We'll have a better idea by the beginning of next year.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

WhiteEaglePL said:

The only thing that worries me is the amount of momentum in the first 3 months after Smash Bros...
There really should have been Xenoblade in the first half. So far its Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi and something else. Middles and end of the year will be huge, and that's without the unannounced stuff or when SMG x FE will launch . We just know it's on track for next year.

Only if it sees a major price drop. This year so far it still haven't managed to hit the 2M mark, even though they already have MK8. Without a price drop don't count on it.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
fluky-nintendy said:
WhiteEaglePL said:

Only if it sees a major price drop. This year so far it still haven't managed to hit the 2M mark, even though they already have MK8. Without a price drop don't count on it.

Majority of Wii U sales last year was in the holidays.  I think there will be a price drop mid 2015.

teigaga said:
Intrinsic said:
  • This may sound crazy, but its possible that next year the XB1 will sell even less than it did this year. Call it a hunch..... but my reasoning is cause of the momentum PS4 will build going into the year with Bloodborne and the order. Two AAA games in the first 3 months of the year and nothing from MS.

I really can't see this happening. Xbox might be down in January, because this year it had the launch momentum, but all of those next gen exlcusive 3rd party games will push the xbox even further then it has been this year.  Even if the PS4 does have The order and Bloodborne, I don't think it'll steal enough of the XO's potential market to push it below 2014 levels. Don't forget that although it has an empty Q1 in terms of exclusives, unlike the PS4 it has a fairly strong holiday line up to carry it into 2015. Both systems should be up massively YOY throughout 2015.  

Yup, you are right and  that was probably a silly prediction. I was really just going off the momentum the PS4 will have going into the tsart of the year and how the first 3 months wll look on the software side. Having said that, there are actually quite a large number of games that are going to be coming to teh PS4 next year too. Just off the top of my head, The witness, No mans sky....etc

I guess a 20% YOY increase in total sales may be more reasonable.