By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Halo: MCC become the best-selling HD Collection ever?

?

Yes 98 50.52%

No 96 49.48%

Total:194
Teeqoz said:
hudsoniscool said:
Teeqoz said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think there should be no doubt that it will be the bestselling HD collection ever. The way preorders are tracking I could see it hitting 3-4m before the end of the year, let alone lifetime. If you look at Amazon's monthly charts since it's announcement at E3 it has been the single most preordered Holiday release (October-December) every month on any single platform (except for this month, where Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby are ranked higher).

First of all, it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to hit 3-4 million by the end of the year. That would require it to have a ~50% attach rate (assuming that the XBO has sol 8 million by the end of the year). And as you said, it's on amazon, which is really unreliable, especially for software.

To think that the x1 will only hit 8 million by the end of the year doesn't make sense at all. U only think it's going to do 2.6 million the rest of the year? No it should have 10m+ by the end of the year. I'm gunna guess that it will do 1.5m fw and 2.8million by the end of the year.

A console normally does as much in Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec, as it does for the rest of the year total. For the XBO, thats 2,3 million. For it to hit 10 million it'll have to do 4,6 million for the rest of the year, so yeah, I highly doubt that the XBO will do much better than 8 million, and it will definetly not pass 10 million by the end of this year.

I guess we agree to disagree on that one. Xbox has always been big in the holidays and slow the rest of the year. Including last year for the xbox one.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:

I guess we agree to disagree on that one. Xbox has always been big in the holidays and slow the rest of the year. Including last year for the xbox one.

Eh, we'll see soon enough though.

I'm going to assume that most of the current Xbox owners are die hard Halo fans, so even with the low install fanbase, the game will sell atleast half of the current Xbox install base lifetime.

It's like asking if Mario isn't going to sell on a Nintendo console. Come on, it's Mario.

kupomogli said:
I'm going to assume that most of the current Xbox owners are die hard Halo fans, so even with the low install fanbase, the game will sell atleast half of the current Xbox install base lifetime.

It's like asking if Mario isn't going to sell on a Nintendo console. Come on, it's Mario.

It'll have to sell to 75+% of the current xbox installbase to beat GoW HD though.

GTAexpert said:

The best-selling HD Collection so far, God Of War: Collection, was also the first one to be released, ironically, by Sony. It has sold over 2.4 million units on PS3 alone as of May 31st, 2012. By now probably it has sold way more, I'd guess over 2.6 million units on PS3 alone. We also know that it has sold well digitally on the PS Vita, but have no idea exactly how well it has sold on that platform.So let's only consider the PS3 version. Can Halo: MCC outsell it?

We have to consider the following factors:

1. Halo: MCC is launching on a much smaller install base than GOW: Collection (+ GOW, - Halo)

2. Halo: MCC consists of 4 games while GOW: Collection consisted of just 2 games (+ Halo, - GOW)

3. Halo is a bigger franchise than GOW (+ Halo, - GOW)

4. Halo: MCC is launching for $60 while GOW: Collection launched for $40 (+ GOW, - Halo)

5. Halo games have multiplayer modes while GOW and GOW II don't have any (+ Halo, - GOW)

6. Halo CE, 2, 3 and 4 have lengthier single-player campaigns compared to GOW and GOW II (+ Halo, - GOW)

These points may favour Halo: MCC, but its not decided just yet.

When someone makes a list of points, typically, the first point is the most important.
When you look at your first point, it directly relates to the sales of the game.  Additional points are usually made because the poster is biased and wants a particular side to win.

You could easily add more points and make GOW win.  Just silliness...

Around the Network

got my money on GTA V. Higher install base of close to 16 MIL

Jimbo1337 said:
GTAexpert said:

The best-selling HD Collection so far, God Of War: Collection, was also the first one to be released, ironically, by Sony. It has sold over 2.4 million units on PS3 alone as of May 31st, 2012. By now probably it has sold way more, I'd guess over 2.6 million units on PS3 alone. We also know that it has sold well digitally on the PS Vita, but have no idea exactly how well it has sold on that platform.So let's only consider the PS3 version. Can Halo: MCC outsell it?

1. Halo: MCC is launching on a much smaller install base than GOW: Collection (+ GOW, - Halo)

2. Halo: MCC consists of 4 games while GOW: Collection consisted of just 2 games (+ Halo, - GOW)

4. Halo: MCC is launching for $60 while GOW: Collection launched for $40 (+ GOW, - Halo)

5. Halo games have multiplayer modes while GOW and GOW II don't have any (+ Halo, - GOW)

6. Halo CE, 2, 3 and 4 have lengthier single-player campaigns compared to GOW and GOW II (+ Halo, - GOW)

When someone makes a list of points, typically, the first point is the most important.
When you look at your first point, it directly relates to the sales of the game.  Additional points are usually made because the poster is biased and wants a particular side to win.

WTF dude have you checked out my sig? My top 10 favourite games of all time include 3 GOW games, why would I be biased against it? I listed more than one point because they are all relevant, and I didn't exactly say which game would win, just gave some points to think about before you decide.

kupomogli said:

Yes Mario would sell on a Nintendo console, but would an HD Collection of all NSMB games sell that well? That's the point, HD collections don't sell as much as a new game in a series.

Also not all Xbox fans would like Halo. Some might only like Gears, and MANY XB1 owners probably bought it just to play FM.

GTAexpert said:
Jimbo1337 said:
GTAexpert said:

WTF dude have you checked out my sig? My top 10 favourite games of all time include 3 GOW games, why would I be biased against it? I listed more than one point because they are all relevant, and I didn't exactly say which game would win, just gave some points to think about before you decide.

Why do people always feel that someone is attacking someone else on here.  I am just merely pointing out that the only relevant point is the first one, since it directly relates to sales.  Points 2 and 4 can be combined and therefore be null and void.  Halo MCC Collection is 60 dollars for 4 games.  GOW I and II (two games) came out for 40 dollars.

Point 3 is an opinion and should be omitted.  Then in points 5 and 6, you act as if the GOW collection is coming out this generation just like the MCC collection.  You act as if not having multiplayer during the PS2 era was a terrible thing.  The game was a very successful franchise without having any sort of multiplayer.  Again point 6 points out that older games have shorter single player campagins.  I am surprised that you didn't point out the graphics in favor of the MCC collection as well....

Seeing as we don't know the digital copies of GOW we can only compare physical so MCC is already at a disadvantage because digital is more possible now than it was then. We also have to take into account the install base, a game selling more than 3.3Million with an install base of 5.4 million is going to be difficult. And with Halo 5 soon after it (1 year) I just don't see it happening. But very well done if it does.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'