By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Halo: MCC become the best-selling HD Collection ever?

?

Yes 98 50.52%

No 96 49.48%

Total:194
hudsoniscool said:
Halo cea did 2.24 million with no hype. It didn't have a beta and it's multiplayer was basically just dlc for reach. Most my halo friends didn't get it. But this time around there is a lot of hype. 4 games vs 1. 4 different mp's vs dlc for the least liked mp for halo. I honestly don't think the install base matters at all.
Last time almost nobody cared, this time if ur a halo fan ur getting this.

Yeah it certainly has a LOT more value than Halo: CEA, but still this collection has two games which were allready in HD and a third one which was given an HD remake on 360. It really only has one game which can be played in HD for the first time. Also its on a far more expensive console.

You could still be right, but it doesn't seem very likely.

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:

Yeah it certainly has a LOT more value than Halo: CEA, but still this collection has two games which were allready in HD and a third one which was given an HD remake on 360. It really only has one game which can be played in HD for the first time. Also its on a far more expensive console.

On a side note

Halo 3 was actually sub HD, not sure how many people actually know that. Not sure about CEA, Halo 4 is the only one I know of that was in HD (720p).

I think it can get to 3 million, at least. Mjght even make it to 4 so yes, if GOW is currently top, I think it has a shot

iceland said:
GTAexpert said:

On a side note

Halo 3 was actually sub HD, not sure how many people actually know that. Not sure about CEA, Halo 4 is the only one I know of that was in HD (720p).

As you said yourself, even if Halo 3 was sub-HD, most people on't know that. So that becomes a moot point.

Although still, 1080p 60fps is definitely going to be a very noticeable upgrade, even for Halo 4.

It will probably sell close to 1.5 million in its first week. Most halo fans are early Xbox adopters. The fact it has a Halo 5 Beta and a Halo movie packed in, will mean that it will easily reach a great sales figure. Life Time sales it will probably end up with around 5-6 million (my opinion) as this collection will only sell more when Halo 5 hits the market. This wont get old as this is attractive to new Halo adopters and collectors as well as casuals looking for a good value for money purchase.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
It will probably sell close to 1.5 million in its first week. Most halo fans are early Xbox adopters. The fact it has a Halo 5 Beta and a Halo movie packed in, will mean that it will easily reach a great sales figure. Life Time sales it will probably end up with around 5-6 million (my opinion) as this collection will only sell more when Halo 5 hits the market. This wont get old as this is attractive to new Halo adopters and collectors as well as casuals looking for a good value for money purchase.

That is way too high. There is absolutely no indication that it will sell that well, and all evidence points to the contrary. I think you're overestimating the sales potential of this by a lot IMO.

shikamaru317 said:

I think there should be no doubt that it will be the bestselling HD collection ever. The way preorders are tracking I could see it hitting 3-4m before the end of the year, let alone lifetime. If you look at Amazon's monthly charts since it's announcement at E3 it has been the single most preordered Holiday release (October-December) every month on any single platform (except for this month, where Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby are ranked higher).

First of all, it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to hit 3-4 million by the end of the year. That would require it to have a ~50% attach rate (assuming that the XBO has sol 8 million by the end of the year). And as you said, it's on amazon, which is really unreliable, especially for software.

Teeqoz said:
shikamaru317 said:

I think there should be no doubt that it will be the bestselling HD collection ever. The way preorders are tracking I could see it hitting 3-4m before the end of the year, let alone lifetime. If you look at Amazon's monthly charts since it's announcement at E3 it has been the single most preordered Holiday release (October-December) every month on any single platform (except for this month, where Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby are ranked higher).

First of all, it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell to hit 3-4 million by the end of the year. That would require it to have a ~50% attach rate (assuming that the XBO has sol 8 million by the end of the year). And as you said, it's on amazon, which is really unreliable, especially for software.

Yeah 50% attach rate is too much especially for an HD collection.

Teeqoz said:
shikamaru317 said:

To think that the x1 will only hit 8 million by the end of the year doesn't make sense at all. U only think it's going to do 2.6 million the rest of the year? No it should have 10m+ by the end of the year. I'm gunna guess that it will do 1.5m fw and 2.8million by the end of the year.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Teeqoz said:
shikamaru317 said:

To think that the x1 will only hit 8 million by the end of the year doesn't make sense at all. U only think it's going to do 2.6 million the rest of the year? No it should have 10m+ by the end of the year. I'm gunna guess that it will do 1.5m fw and 2.8million by the end of the year.

A console normally does as much in Sep, Oct, Nov and Dec, as it does for the rest of the year total. For the XBO, thats 2,3 million. For it to hit 10 million it'll have to do 4,6 million for the rest of the year, so yeah, I highly doubt that the XBO will do much better than 8 million, and it will definetly not pass 10 million by the end of this year.