By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My credit card info was stolen/money withdrawn from acc.....

Thus happened to me on Xbox live after buying castle crashers.

Around the Network

Don't see how you can rule that it was the PSN. There hasn't been any proof that CC/DC information has been used from the PSN.

Attach Paypal to your CC/BA, make a complex password. link your cellphone.

When buying in physical stores, always use cash if you can.

Oh man, that completely sucks. About a month ago I lost my wallet, and had to put my cards on suspension and get replacements, but luckily nothing was taken from my accounts.

If it really did happen through PSN then that makes me worried.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

On PSN.... *shakes head*

Real sucks man.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
So, OP, was it a debit card?

Yes Debit card. Sorry not really sure if that makes any difference.

I tend to keep a close eye on using my card. I don't think it was any of the "taking a pic" theory". I think the only possible explaination is it was hacked on Psn. 
Unfortunatley. 

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Exactly why I pay those hookers with cash. I don't care if you do take credit cards now. I don't trust you!

Wait, just because you bought something recently does not mean they are linked. It can be months after your information is stolen that criminals will act on it.

I had two $2000 amounts withdrawn from my credit card about 2 years ago, into some online gambling website in the US (I'm in Australia). The bank locked my account and started investigating it, ended up being that the atm at the servo near work had had a card skimmer installed and they'd stolen thousands of card details. I used the atm a few times to get money out of my savings account, but it uses the same card for credit so thats how they got my details.

The thing is, I was pretty careful about those sort of things and usually check an atm for any dodginess (and always hide my pin when I enter it in case camera's have been installed), but this atm looked fine. Some card skim jobs are really quite professional, with the skimmer custom made for that particular model of ATM.

The bank reimbursed me but it took around 6 weeks to finish the investigation (didn't get funds back until the end). Good luck with getting your money back, but don't write off the possibility your card details were stolen elsewhere, despite how careful you have been.

I really don't think it was hacked from psn.

Or did you buy something while using this psn ? :

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/fr-fr/home/main

If you had a specific virus at the time, then yeah, your information could be stolen by someone else...that's what hapenned to me once, because i wasn't cautious enough.

(and because i didn't take any precaution...uhuhu)