By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My credit card info was stolen/money withdrawn from acc.....

LemonSlice said:
Can you tell PSN not to remember your credit card info? It's kind of stupid if the answer's no, which I think it is. eShop gives you an option.

Yes, you can.

You just need to go in your "account managment".

Around the Network

I don't put my Credit Card or Bank information on PSN anyway, never plan on it either. Sorry to hear you lost that money, most banks are pretty good about reimbursing you though.

ps3-sales! said:
Lawlight said:
So, OP, was it a debit card?

Yes Debit card. Sorry not really sure if that makes any difference.

I tend to keep a close eye on using my card. I don't think it was any of the "taking a pic" theory". I think the only possible explaination is it was hacked on Psn. 
Unfortunatley. 

Unless you never used the card before, and only used it on PSN via a Sony device, there is no way you can know that Sony was hacked for your card.  It doesn't matter if that was the last place you used it.  This is important because if you may still be at risk if you can't figure it out.  If you have used it before on a PC make sure you computer's security is up to date.  Have you recently installed any software.  Have you used it over the phone.   At gas stations, at ATMs.  Does you card have an Easy Pay feature and do you carry it with you.  Card scanners are easy to use and almost complete undetetable.   

Lafiel said:
ps3-sales! said:
Lawlight said:
So, OP, was it a debit card?

Yes Debit card. Sorry not really sure if that makes any difference.

I tend to keep a close eye on using my card. I don't think it was any of the "taking a pic" theory". I think the only possible explaination is it was hacked on Psn. 
Unfortunatley. 

nah, it's way more likely you drew money from a rigged cash terminal - "skimming" is pretty wide spread, that's why it's best to use terminals within a bank

even debit card payment terminals within shops/retailers sometimes are rigged

I don't withdrawl cash  : /

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

Wow that sucks. This risk is why i'm not keen on using my bank card online. I just don't trust it

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

I don't use my bank card online,for fear of this very thing. Although I'm thinking about getting a seperate credit card for such things.

Was money withdrawn from an atm?
Then you were probably skimmed.

Sony confirmed that no account details were ever lost, iirc.

I see someone else mentioned skimming.
You said you don't withdraw money, but do you ever buy something from the store and input a pin?

if you login to someones account (even with the correct logins) if it isnt a ps3/4/psp/vita that has been used before it will ask for full card number and ccv before you can continue, if you dont provide them it removes the card info from your account. and even if it didnt,  the first thing they would do is change your password and buy shit,  if you can login still and nothings been bought,  and you have no purchase confirmation emails,  seems pretty obvious it isnt the issue. 

So no, it wasn't psn related.

if someone has your full card number and ccv,  you're screwed anyway.

you cannot extract card info from a psn account by knowing the logins. 

That is why i never use my own credit card to buy things, instead i purchase stolen credit card data from hackers.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’