By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My credit card info was stolen/money withdrawn from acc.....

I've only had one breach of my info (passwords, account info etc...) ever. And it was surprisingly easy to deal with. Woke up on payday, checked my account, had ~2300 deposited. Stopped to pick up coffee on my way to work, card declined. Got to work, checked my account, $2300 had been withdraw in the half hour or so it took to get to work.

Went to the bank, told them, signed an affidavit, they refunded it all within a 15-20 minutes. Withdrawal had been done in Cyprus, through an old old paypal account. Had the bank deny all transactions through paypal unless specifically told otherwise.

I was actually surprised it was that easy to reverse. Then again, considering I was standing in front of them in Vermont, USA, within a half hour of a transaction from Cyprus, pretty sure it wasn't that hard for them to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Around the Network
ps3-sales! said:
Lawlight said:
So, OP, was it a debit card?

Yes Debit card. Sorry not really sure if that makes any difference.

I tend to keep a close eye on using my card. I don't think it was any of the "taking a pic" theory". I think the only possible explaination is it was hacked on Psn. 
Unfortunatley. 

nah, it's way more likely you drew money from a rigged cash terminal - "skimming" is pretty wide spread, that's why it's best to use terminals within a bank

even debit card payment terminals within shops/retailers sometimes are rigged

I think your card got cloned bro

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Had this happen once to me with more than $400 suddenly being used in my BoA account. Thankfully they did not approve of the transaction and reported it as an unusual activity and had me contact them first to confirm those transactions. Once I confirmed they were not mine, they immediately cancelled all of them and scrapped my card and gave me a new one.

If you give me your card info I can help you track down who did it.

Around the Network
taggartaa said:
If you give me your card info I can help you track down who did it.

*slow clap*

That sucks, man.

I used to have this "rechargeable card" or whatever it was called, I'd store only the required amount I need for making an online order on it, and after that it'd remain empty until I wanted to make another order.

It may or may not be PSN, but I really doubt it is the reason. Just use PSN cards from now on just in case though.

Also don't worry about the money, banks pay you back in cases like this.

Can you tell PSN not to remember your credit card info? It's kind of stupid if the answer's no, which I think it is. eShop gives you an option.

Anyway, really sucks man.