By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Destiny is PS4’s Biggest Software Launch Yet/ Biggest HW Week Since Xmas

Carl2291 said:
Assuming Adam is talking about US only...

We have PS4 @ 97,000 during inFamous Week.

Thats the highest Week in 2014.

Over 100k PS4s sold in US alone?

Dammit, you beat me to it. But yeah, that's quite alot.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:

could he be talking about US only? or globally? because there might be a big difference due to the Japan launch lol. 

Id prefer it if it was worldwide, but this is from the US Blog.

us sales here on vgc were 315k the week prior to xmas was 204k so somewhere in between that

even if hes talking bout US and we use 204k-315k in just US i would assume WW would be close to .5M

Play Me

He is talking about the US only, although I think the same holds true WW. Xmas week was 157k so it's less than that?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Carl2291 said:
bananaking21 said:

could he be talking about US only? or globally? because there might be a big difference due to the Japan launch lol. 

Id prefer it if it was worldwide, but this is from the US Blog.

seems so. every other number is about the US. Still a big number, 100k+ in september. we could be looking at a 250-300k week in september, not bad!

Around the Network
Ninsect said:
He is talking about the US only, although I think the same holds true WW. Xmas week was 157k so it's less than that?

Yeah it sounds like it tbh. Although we really can't be sure with the vague wording. He could just mean the christmas period in general and is saying its smaller than the christmas peak

BeElite said:
"last week was our single biggest PS4 hardware sales week"

my god the 1.5 million for sept might come true.

considering it sold 1m in its first week and this is apparently higher than that it seems very likely

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

bananaking21 said:
Carl2291 said:
Assuming Adam is talking about US only...

We have PS4 @ 97,000 during inFamous Week.

Thats the highest Week in 2014.

Over 100k PS4s sold in US alone?

he is obviously talking globally in the US...

platformmaster918 said:
BeElite said:

considering it sold 1m in its first week and this is apparently higher than that it seems very likely

this is the highest week of sales in 2014, in the USA. meaning its a 97k< PS4 week in the USA alone. 

platformmaster918 said:
BeElite said:

Where did you get that from? It says that it's the biggest HW week since christmas, not since launch