By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: Destiny is PS4’s Biggest Software Launch Yet/ Biggest HW Week Since Xmas

September is going to be big for the PS4, 1.5m is achievable!

Around the Network

What were the WW numbers in comparison for the week in question? Or what week was it so I can check? :p

OttoniBastos said:

could he be talking about US only? or globally? because there might be a big difference due to the Japan launch lol. 

Or globally in the US, you never know.

It took 4 pages to someone bring this up!

I mean someone had to drill the point home

DaltonAbbey said:

So, 100-150k in US. As expected

Realized this is not necessarily true, as all we know from NPD is that the weekly average in December was 172k, not what the highest week was.. So...eh, we won't know this week's numbers but we'll know whole of September eventually

VGC has the highest week at 315k

So what are we looking at here? 250k US/ 200k Europe? 1m PS4s sold in Sep?

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
OttoniBastos said:

It took 4 pages to someone bring this up!

is that right?

Seems like the limited supplied Destiny bundle is kicking some asses... so like 150k US and possibly 400k WW?? Sweet.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

GribbleGrunger said:

I'd say that is definitely doable.  I mean Japan, where the PS4 isn't doing so hot, got a ~324% increase.  If that carries across the world, and VGC's numbers are correct, then that puts the PS4 at ~432K for just the one week WW.  So with just 2 weeks of this month, that would put the PS4 at ~566K.  Now, the next two weeks won't be as big as this one, BUT they will definitely be larger than the first week.  My guess is ~900K-1M for this month WW.  Considering the other two might not pull even half of that, that's a stomping.

GribbleGrunger said:

we know PS4 in usa is over 97k. but by how much we dont know. 

im guessing a 280k-300k week. 

Such a great game(I can not stop playing it) and a greater console, well deserved and well played Sony!

Add me if u want :)