By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Romantic Advice Thread

Tagged games:

Sounds like you should just ask her out as a friend to get to know her. Go to a movie or something. Stalk her facebook and figure out she like. Worst case scenario is she says no and you feel like crap for two days and get over it.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
BeElite said:

Ask her out enjoy a few dates get lsome see over time if your compatible.

It seems your a type that ponders life 30 years later after 5 minutes talking to a girl, quit that shit and just go for it. Take the good and bad and don't let your mind fuck it up for you by over thinking shit.

Just try it out now think it over later.

Sometimes its best to let your dick lead you to new things.

I do tend to overthink, but that's almost a constant. Brain never stops. The problem is when i let the overthinking get to me, like it did four years ago. I just don't want to inconvenience anyone.

I think i'll wait a few weeks and make my move in early October. She's new to grad school so relationship stuff might be a bit out of the blue for her right now. Plus fall is just a more romantic season than Summer, at least i think (i'd argue summer as the least romantic, but that's a topic for a different day).

Don't ever lose time... it's better to regret taking action too son, make a mistake and have time to fix than waiting to long and miss the chance (same in work, having a bad answer is better than no answer at all because you at least will have a starting point).

If you like to overthink, use it in things that won't affect you, try to mentalize what you would like to do with her around christmas, but for now just go for it. Today is a good day, tomorrow is always bad, when we drag we may never have time to do it;

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If you only know her through a conversation at a party then I'd suggest to get to know her better before asking her out. Sit beside her in class for instance, it's a neutral setting & you can talk to her while your intentions are still in your back pocket. You'd get a better gauge on whether or not she likes you too. If it all works out then just muster up the confidence & ask her out. I'm all for being direct when it pertains to asking women out but keep in mind she needs some kind of rapport to be inclined to agree on a date & casual conversation can create that.

Fusioncode said:
Sounds like you should just ask her out as a friend to get to know her. Go to a movie or something. Stalk her facebook and figure out she like. Worst case scenario is she says no and you feel like crap for two days and get over it.

last time it took him four years... he locked himself up with One Piece anime...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
How long do you think drinking coffee takes.... -_-" i would slap you if you were standing in front of me.. Freaking 12 days before its even october... Do you have classes with her in those 12 days? Can't find 15 to 30 minutes max.. *slap*

I even have like the perfect line for you:
"Let's do this again sometime when i have more time and i'm back from my cousins wedding"

Its casual, doesn't put pressure on her, no pressure on you, no time frame but yet it opens the oppertunity for a next time..

Actually i just found out that next week's out. Career fair right after our class together (and it has to be immediately after for me, because then i go on to work).

I could try it the first of October, though. That way there's no pressure for immediate follow up since i'll be gone that weekend.

(regarding the more recent post, i have my Nami figurine on my desk to comfort me in case this doesn't work out )

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Ask her out as soon as possible before another guy does. And I agree with the coffee thing. Not only should you learn to drink it, but drink it black. She'll say that it's gross, but you'll impress the heck out of her with your manliness.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Mr Khan said:

Actually i just found out that next week's out. Career fair right after our class together (and it has to be immediately after for me, because then i go on to work).

I could try it the first of October, though. That way there's no pressure for immediate follow up since i'll be gone that weekend.

hmmm... just try to bump into her during those few minutes on the fair.. joke about a shitty job.. try to have a small chat for a few minutes before you go to work..

NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:

hmmm... just try to bump into her during those few minutes on the fair.. joke about a shitty job.. try to have a small chat for a few minutes before you go to work..

PotentHerbs' idea about trying to sit closer to her in class is a better idea for the short term anyway. Study her reactions to how i conduct myself.

Mr Khan said:
NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:

PotentHerbs' idea about trying to sit closer to her in class is a better idea for the short term anyway. Study her reactions to how i conduct myself.

NO! You'll creep her out.. you need to act cool.. you reek of desperation.. you'll end up in the friendzone faster then you think..

And I wish d21lewis was here in this thread.. we know our stuff.. No one here has our advice track record:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5814969

NiKKoM said:
Mr Khan said:

NO! You'll creep her out.. you need to act cool.. you reek of desperation.. you'll end up in the friendzone faster then you think..

And I wish d21lewis was here in this thread.. we know our stuff.. No one here has our advice track record:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5814969

It's not like i'm going to try to force my way in or anything, just move in the general vicinity and see where the chips fall.

Though my Samus desktop could throw my nerd a little out front (isn't ecchi or anything, but it is still Metroid), which is something i downplay around here, aside from said desktop.

nikkom and d21lewis: getting gamers married. Perhaps I could accede to your advice.