By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Chinese Xbox One Games Contain A One-Time Activation Code, Cannot Be Resold

alrightiwill said:
How can you even do piracy on the xbox one? I haven't heard of any hacks or mods yet?

MS execs must have read too many Fu Manchu books and they fear the Yellow Peril could hack XBOne on zero day.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
alrightiwill said:

Not to sound rude, but do you have a source or som3thing explaining who brought it in and why? Not doubting you, just want to see more info.

From what I am hearing that games in China will be sold at a bargain price, my guess is MS want to stop exports. Something the Chinese government would not want to stop seeing as games would still be sold in China.

No, I don't have a source. I just don't think that MS is doing all this. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

all of our Chinese have known this situation, and enter this website you will seehttp://tieba.baidu.com/p/3301855374?pid=57641717934&cid=57644510076#57644510076

spurgeonryan said:

Software will cost between 15 and 40 US dollars.

See? This is what the games would cost everywhere now if we had those policies in the rest of the world! See?

j/k

New games there are $15-$40? Used games sales would be killer if they already sell for  1/2 price to start.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
Lol, blaming piracy or the Chinese government for these measures. Pirates are much better off importing a region free console for much less. $600 in store for a DRM region locked system with limited games? The official software might be cheaper in store, pirated software for the cheaper imported system is much much less...

MS is simply continuing their experiments to kill/control second hand sales. No retailers to piss off in China, so perfect opportunity to implement their original plans.

DRM region locked system with limited games? Sounds like the iQue 64. Nintendo released their Chinese N64 and tried to control the piracy by locking games to each console. Sony released the PS2 in China, and ran into piracy problems from the start...

Seriously, it's a China thing, not a MS thing. 

Software between $15-$40 US dollars?? Shit, I'd take that in a heartbeat over not being able to resell your games... I never sell mine anyway. No more paying $60 for short single player games or games that require gamers to spend tons more on DLC (looking at you, Destiny).

Honestly if doing away with the resale of games meant that the MSRP of videogames would come down drastically over the flat $59.99 price for most retail games then I'd be all for it.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Jereel Hunter said:

New games there are $15-$40? Used games sales would be killer if they already sell for  1/2 price to start.

Wish the US had pricing like that because even new most games are only worth that much.

Jereel Hunter said:

Not really... lower MSRP means people would be looking to price gouge consumers in the 2nd hand market.  If a new game costs $40 and is in high demand or limited quantities, the resale value is going to be close to or even greater than retail.  Same thing happened with Xenoblade... limited release for $49.99 at Gamestop and used copies would be routinely found online for almost double that.

And used versions of games are rarely more than $5-$10 cheaper than new copies of games anyway, at least here in the US.  I'll never understand the people who will spend $55 on a used copy of a game but not $60 on a brand new copy.  More often than not you can usually find new copies of games on sale in b&m stores or online for the same as what Gamestop charges for used copies.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

If there is one place where consumers won't react against this policy it will be china, regardless of whether it's MS or the govt that is behind it.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix