By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Adult women are now the largest demographic in gaming--_-- Say Whaaa'h!

On what? Facebook games?

Around the Network

This isn't news. It's been known that women play a lot of video games (casual ones, mind you) on the PC and mobile devices.

A few weeks ago, a guy wanted to know why there aren't female posters on video game sites and one guy said there are but they masquerade as men. I can tell you this: it is very easy to tell which posters are women masquerading as men. Just read the posts and you can easily identify the guys from the masqueraders.

brighat said:
This isn't news. It's been known that women play a lot of video games (casual ones, mind you) on the PC and mobile devices.

A few weeks ago, a guy wanted to know why there aren't female posters on video game sites and one guy said there are but they masquerade as men. I can tell you this: it is very easy to tell which posters are women masquerading as men. Just read the posts and you can easily identify the guys from the masqueraders.

If men were good at it they wouldn't jizz all over themselves in MMORPG and here over a woman being online (while it actually is a man trolling or trying to use the gender benefit in the game).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
QuintonMcLeod said:

I'd rather take this woman's word over the opinions of that article's author. At least this woman's video is much more researched. This also comes from a feminist.

http://youtu.be/9MxqSwzFy5w

She even said that she falls under the statistic "gamer" in most of the sureys they take nowadays. And she also said the last time she's played a game was PAC MAN in a Bar in the late 80's.

Good to see a rational feminist nowadays.

Back to OT. In IMO they should just do a survey on who's a female that spends more on consoles/dedicated handhelds that play games. Those are the gamers who spend most time and more importantly money in the gaming industry.

Sry, I just don't consider women like my nephews mom who plays candy crush on her iPhone revelent to this survey.

Also in New York City the NDS and the N3DS are REALLY popular amongst female gamers. You can't go on a bus nor train without seeing a girl play on one of those. And they aren't playing something like Soduku, Tetris, or Brain Age. They are usually playing  Zelda, Fire Emblem, Mario, Kingdom Hearts, and Pokémon  more than anything else.

Good to know there are some good female players on DS/3DS in NY, that should expand to more platforms and places.

They are all ages too. I see girls that are 7-12 years old on trains playing with their DS, while I got owned in Fire Emblem: Awakening by a teenage girl's Spotpass team in Nintendo Land in Rockefeller Center (She had an all Limit Breaker team o.O). One girl I met on World of Warcraft lived in Brooklyn, and we've been friends ever since (went to her Wedding Reception and everything ).

There's gamer girls every where. You just gotta know where to look .

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:
DonFerrari said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

She even said that she falls under the statistic "gamer" in most of the sureys they take nowadays. And she also said the last time she's played a game was PAC MAN in a Bar in the late 80's.

Good to see a rational feminist nowadays.

Back to OT. In IMO they should just do a survey on who's a female that spends more on consoles/dedicated handhelds that play games. Those are the gamers who spend most time and more importantly money in the gaming industry.

Sry, I just don't consider women like my nephews mom who plays candy crush on her iPhone revelent to this survey.

Also in New York City the NDS and the N3DS are REALLY popular amongst female gamers. You can't go on a bus nor train without seeing a girl play on one of those. And they aren't playing something like Soduku, Tetris, or Brain Age. They are usually playing  Zelda, Fire Emblem, Mario, Kingdom Hearts, and Pokémon  more than anything else.

Good to know there are some good female players on DS/3DS in NY, that should expand to more platforms and places.

They are all ages too. I see girls that are 7-12 years old on trains playing with their DS, while I got owned in Fire Emblem: Awakening by a teenage girl's Spotpass team in Nintendo Land in Rockefeller Center (She had an all Limit Breaker team o.O). One girl I met on World of Warcraft lived in Brooklyn, and we've been friends ever since (went to her Wedding Reception and everything ).

There's gamer girls every where. You just gotta know where to look .

There are some, but you have to look quite a lot here in BR.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

This really does just reinforce how short-sighted console manufacturers are in designing their systems and games exclusively to a narrow 14-29 year old male market.

Nintendo deserves special scorn for finding success with the Wii selling to an extended market, and then retreating back into their conservative "games should only be made for teenage males" hole with the Wii U.

Purple said:
This really does just reinforce how short-sighted console manufacturers are in designing their systems and games exclusively to a narrow 14-29 year old male market.

Nintendo deserves special scorn for finding success with the Wii selling to an extended market, and then retreating back into their conservative "games should only be made for teenage males" hole with the Wii U.

You are being sarcastic or did you fell for this article?

Nymeria said:
he_Sony_Girl1 said:

Really? I'm an almost adult woman and I don't find many fellow girl gamers.

Girls who game like us, playing Resident Evil or Diablo, are still rare.  Women play on their phones and they number in the millions. 

I don't play Diablo. It took my dad from console gaming. Should I get Reaper Of Souls?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

DonFerrari said:
Purple said:

You are being sarcastic or did you fell for this article?

Yes, I fell for the article. I stupidly believed companies exclusively targeting a narrow demographic that is showing evidence of stagnation and decline is bad corporate policy. The incredible success of gaming companies creating content for wider demographics on mobile and PC don't count as we both know because women's money is dirty and "casuals" are subhumans and only buy fads.

Now I'm being sarcastic.

Nintendo saw this in 2005, hence the Wii. Gaming was actually "cool" for a few shining years there, as women felt they had something they could get in on in gaming. Sadly, the industry and hardcore who swallow their propaganda shunned them, and thus forced it out of the market. Now we are back to a niche hardcore/nerd focus (with Nintendo included, as they gave into the pressure to regress to their hardcore way), which is only doomed to shrink the industry, and gaming is once again looked down upon by women/expanded audience.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden