By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Scotland to leave the UK?

Should Scotland leave the union? If yes or no please say why.

Yes 152 43.80%

No 143 41.21%

It does not matter 26 7.49%

I dont understand 26 7.49%

Total:347
benao87 said:

Thanks mate, very interesting, particularly that part.

trashleg said:

(...)

Hey, I really wanted to know your take on this. But, couldn't understand half of the video XD

Also, thanks to hapimeses.

http://nationalcollective.com/2012/10/31/stanley-odd-marriage-counselling/

A couple of wee mistakes in these lyrics but here you go. Really worth a listen, I can't believe you don't understand so much of it xD

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network
baloofarsan said:

This is how it could look like:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

This map is overexaggerating things, Europe isn't divided that much - Spain would never fall apart this badly, absolute majority of the country doesn't want that and some most pro-crown regions are listed as separatist here (lol), also movements in some countries are absurd for various reasons and have no chances of succeeding, but some part of it is true. And as I see the authors of this map couldn't even place some of the movements listed in the link on the map, which tells a lot about these movements

Still, I believe that the current map of Europe is a bad joke and a change of quite a few borders would benefit everyone and relieve a lot of tensions. The only problem is that only a part of the continent is civilized enough not to turn such things into a bloodbath.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

trashleg said:

A couple of wee mistakes in these lyrics but here you go. Really worth a listen, I can't believe you don't understand so much of it xD

:) I did understand most of it, was trying to make fun of the accent ;) And I now I know what Caledonia means.

baloofarsan said:
Scisca said:
the2real4mafol said:
Scisca said:
I hope they become independant. There are many reasons why and being able to watch all the shitstorm all around Europe - in Spain, Belgium, the Balkans waking up again most probably, maybe even Germany having to deal with separatists would also be fun and entertaining

Agreed. Europe could be split up more potentially. Belgium could be gone for good. 

That would be entertaining and no matter what happened - civil, but most probably all hell would break lose in the Balkans, as the Russians would no doubt aid the Serbians and fuel them to start doing what Russia is doing in Ukraine right now. And it wouldn't be pretty, knowing their temper.

This is how it could look like:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_active_separatist_movements_in_Europe

Can't speak for other places but as far as i know Britain isn't quite that divided although places like Cornwall and Yorkshire seem quite keen on gaining autonomy. Italy isn't surprising though as it was split more or less like that till the 1860s. Italy could of easily not existed at all  

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

The Fury said:

Confirmed still part of the UK. 55% to 45% or there abouts.

I just hope now, Salmond can be respectful to majority of his nations choices and run the country as best he can. All we need now is the Scottish to join us to get rid of CaMORON, next May. We want him out.

Cameron is gone and so are the fib dems, that is guarentueed. Although, don't expect much celebration with a milliband government. Labour are too similar to the conservatives now and UKIP and Green are just not big enough although i expect both to get a couple seats each as protest votes. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
WagnerPaiva said:
XanderXT said:
Being part British myself, it's strange on why they want right now to become independent.

They have that cool dinossaur in the lake, right? So I would miss them also =/

The Loch Ness is awesome! 

benao87 said:
trashleg said:

:) I did understand most of it, was trying to make fun of the accent ;) And I now I know what Caledonia means.

Oooooh. Mocking my home accent, tsssss! 

I've skyped my dad and my brother tonight, feelings are generally quite dull all over Edinburgh. Damn shame. My country is more divided than ever. The "winners" in Glasgow have been showing themselves up, although that seems to just be a narrow margin of extreme unionists doing nazi salutes and chants and shit. 

Shaking my head for the future. Sold out by an ageing population who were feared for their pensions

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
the2real4mafol said:

[...]

Can't speak for other places but as far as i know Britain isn't quite that divided although places like Cornwall and Yorkshire seem quite keen on gaining autonomy. Italy isn't surprising though as it was split more or less like that till the 1860s. Italy could of easily not existed at all  

There was a strong patriotic feeling in many Italian states, but differences were so wide that Italy would have needed to become a federation far more than USA or Germany. But the king of Piedmont was too greedy and power-hungry to let this happen and he annexed the other regions, imposing laws, rules and taxes that were really good only for Piedmont and a few parts of Lombardy and Veneto, but deleterious for example for my town, Genoa, and Naples, that in fact from then on almost always remained in a state of economic crisis, social unrest and perennial need of central state aid, while before the Republic of Genoa and the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies (Naples, Sicily and the rest of Southern Italy), despite having too their share of problems in their poorest parts, were by far the richest Italian states.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Just came from the future.
Signs point to No.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

trashleg said:

Oooooh. Mocking my home accent, tsssss! 

I've skyped my dad and my brother tonight, feelings are generally quite dull all over Edinburgh. Damn shame. My country is more divided than ever. The "winners" in Glasgow have been showing themselves up, although that seems to just be a narrow margin of extreme unionists doing nazi salutes and chants and shit. 

Shaking my head for the future. Sold out by an ageing population who were feared for their pensions

Hey it's your fault, you never really finished your Scotish course thread!, ..... did you? ^_^

Yeh, I even stayed up late to see the results. I reckon that you got some rights devolved, ....didn't you? :/  Please don't charge all the guilt to the oldies, ......but I don't really know much, the only thing is that I sincerely hope that you guys get the best of this situation.