By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks the Halo franchise is over rated?

Sure Halo has perfected the online first person shooter games, however what else does the franchise contain that other first person shooters games (Metroid, Doom, etc) don’t have. Please explain; I want to know why so many people are crazy for this game!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Yeah I played Halo online and I hated it. Probably because I am s86t at FPS. I just can't get a hang of using the two analog sticks to aim. The only FPS I like is Metriod Prime, now that is a game.

It being an overated game is the fault of the incredible marketing blitz and not the fault of the game, which really is great. Does it sell a mil or two more than it should? probably, but that's really just splitting hairs since the game is still deserving of mega sales

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

i do..but its still fun to play

and an odd fact

It´s a great game story wise and I love it even though i haven´t played the multiplayer at all.

Halo 1 was awesome, Halo 2 was almost as good as the first one and Halo 3 was the worst in the series but good enough to be bought.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

I know for a lot of my friends it wasn't about the game but a reason to hang out, joke and have fun.

None of them think it's a Spectacular Game.

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

FPSs with controllers just plain dont work when compared to the keyboard and mouse

Halo 1 isn't overrated.

Halo 2 is suprisingly good, and still holds up online, so I say its deserving of a AAA status.

Halo 3 is vastly overrated, and a mediocre online game for 360, CoD4 makes it derivitive.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Thatmax said:
FPSs with controllers just plain dont work when compared to the keyboard and mouse

Agreed and UT LAN parties where always better then Halo

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

Halo 3 was just a rip-off. The first one was actually great when it was released. Storywise good? Like a teenagers essay.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.