By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks the Halo franchise is over rated?

^CS in my opinion

Around the Network

I see a common thing going on with the hate toward Halo. Most people that hate it suck at FPS. Just because you suck at a game dosen't make it overrated. Get some skill and quit being so biased.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

i am not a super hero or anything but i have a high skill of 34 and i got that in a couple of days----so i am average not sucking and pwning level 15-20s is the same thing for 60 ranker to pwn me

so i feel i can say the game is fun but over hyped

That's MS's marketing for you. There are dozens of superior PC shooters, and quite a few equal, if not superior, console shooters. I hope CoD4 360 catches up to Halo 3 one day, as it is a much better game, imo.

Also, I don't really think that Halo: CE was overrated. It was a great game for it's time. Halo 2, however, was a step back imo, but it had online, so everybody bought it. I've probably played more of Halo 3 than either Halo 1 or 2 (why must my friends all own 360s?!?), and I have to say that I prefer CS:S by a good bit.

kenzomatic said:
Thatmax said:
FPSs with controllers just plain dont work when compared to the keyboard and mouse

Agreed and UT LAN parties where always better then Halo

Exactly!  That's why UT has always sold a lot more than Halo... wait... I guess that's not correct.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
i do..but its still fun to play

and an odd fact

Actually, Mater Chavez still plays CS 1.6 since his "l33t AWP skillz" don't translate well to Source. He'll believe Source isn't as good as 1.6 for this reason.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

The series in general is very over-rated, I don't even think it's online play is all that good. Halo 1 deserves the praise, MAYBE 2, but 3 is such an over-rated piece :/ and I honestly don't see where people think it's online is all that great -_-; Kudo's to 4 player split screen though, although I'd take warhawks over Halo anyday :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

darklich13 said:
I see a common thing going on with the hate toward Halo. Most people that hate it suck at FPS. Just because you suck at a game dosen't make it overrated. Get some skill and quit being so biased.

actually, i dont suck at fps at all. in fact im very good at them (resistance and call of duty 4).

I think Halo 3 is over rated because the graphics are barely better than the 2nd one, the campaign is short, 

and theres not enough new stuff different from halo 2 (besides the forge and theater, but those arent gameplay. 

Halo 1 was very good for a console FPS ...nearly a first .Halo 2 was a great game all around specially the online .Halo 3 is a bit overrated ,it just recycles some of the moments of Halo 1 and 2 in a short adventure and technically its not even between the best of the new generation .Online is great ,though ....although I wouldnt say it is say miles ahead of some games as Call of Duty 4 ,Warhawk ,Unreal III ....So definitely not a 9.5 but more like a 8.75 or so .

Halo is good, but decent at best. So many better shooters out there. UT > Halo Series put together.