By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - This Controller Proves the Smash Bros Wii U Rumor

This too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/13/report-super-smash-bros-wii-u-to-release-in-november?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ign%2Fnews+%28IGN+All+News%29

And Amiibo figures on same date.

Around the Network
vivster said:
the_dengle said:

Come on now.

If you don't like the fight pad, you are free to learn to play with a Pro controller. Or a Wii Remote & Nunchuk. Or the Classic Controller peripheral. Or a Wii Remote held sideways. Or a 3DS. Or a WaveBird via the GameCube Controller Adapter. Controller options are not an area in which Smash Wii U is lacking.

Having no wireless option to one of the best controllers of all time isn't what I would call "not lacking".

The WaveBird exists, but it has no purpose on the Wii U. Wired controllers are objectively superior for fighting games because of input lag. If anyone should be complaining about the lack of controller options, it's "pro" players whose only wired option is the GameCube controller.

If you really want a wireless controller, I strongly recommend the Pro Controller. Its digital triggers are much much better for Smash Bros than the GameCube's squishy analogue triggers.

the_dengle said:

The WaveBird exists, but it has no purpose on the Wii U. Wired controllers are objectively superior for fighting games because of input lag. If anyone should be complaining about the lack of controller options, it's "pro" players whose only wired option is the GameCube controller.

If you really want a wireless controller, I strongly recommend the Pro Controller. Its digital triggers are much much better for Smash Bros than the GameCube's squishy analogue triggers.

I own the pro controller and that's why I know it's shit.

I want a proper controller like the GC. And I want it wirless.

But I guess that's too much to ask in this day and age.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

What's wrong with the pro controller?
I didn't have any problems with it yet.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

vivster said:

You seem to have selective reading skills.

The Pro Controller is not shit. It's really funny imagining someone saying, "I want a proper controller like the N64 trident and I want it wireless, but I guess that's too much to ask for in this day and age," but that's pretty similar to what you're saying.

Around the Network

The 30th of November for Europe is a great release date, so hooray!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Too late.
I want it early november! :S

As long as we don't get it later than the Usa I'm fine though.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

toot1231 said:

Click on this Link its a Gamecube controller on Amazon for the Wii U that comes out on the rumored day that Smash Bros is supposed to come out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ND0E5ZU/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=11ZSZK109E0GPEE7AVFJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

This pretty much proves it.

Same week as WiiU Watchdogs...

I'll get both

(and a million other games!)

RealGamingExpert said:
AZWification said:

Too late.
I want it early november! :S

As long as we don't get it later than the Usa I'm fine though.

Well, most Nintendo games come out during the second half of November, so you should have expected this!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---