By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Destiny will be an amazing game

They have regular events with new activities/missions. It's not just the expansions that will come.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network

So this is a start up pack...

Destiny is can be good game, but got me deal breaker.

The hype is a lie.

Well it's probably not getting worse.

All reviews begin with "It looks great and is fun, but..."
So more content should probably fix most of the issues.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

That's not a business model we should be supporting. For $60, gamers should expect a complete package.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

The game is based on events and the world's evolution in time.
Of course it's not up to its full potential at launch, seriously...

They never even tried to hide it, it was pretty well known. Anyone who bought it day one who's now complaining about the lack of content can't blame anyone but him/herself.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

$60 game should have enough content to be good without DLC or expansion packs. Gamers shouldn't support these business practices.

It is not like Final Fantasy XIV. They just need to add more content to the game. The mechanics are just good. They won't need a "Destiny: A Realm Reborn".

Veknoid_Outcast said:
I've yet to play it, so I can't comment on its quality right now. However, I don't think Bungie or Activision should be given a free pass because more content is on the way. Destiny should be judged based on what it offers right now, not on what it might offer weeks or months in the future.

Again, I've never played it so it might be great as is. What I can't stand, however, is consumers defending video game companies for selling games piecemeal. When I pay $60 I want a complete game; I don't want to game a la carte.

Exactly this. "Games as a service" doesn't give the industry a pass for the base game being underwhelming--ESPECIALLY when they're so hellbent on pushing pre-orders to get sales at that price. 

DLC should build on an experience that's already solid and feels complete.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Dadrik said:
The game is based on events and the world's evolution in time.
Of course it's not up to its full potential at launch, seriously...

They never even tried to hide it, it was pretty well known. Anyone who bought it day one who's now complaining about the lack of content can't blame anyone but him/herself.

Its not really "lack of content", its more that the content that is there (excluding the PVP) just isn't very good. If that stuff was great and the game still had this much content, people wouldn't be complaining as much...