By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-on with Bayonetta 2

curl-6 said:

Let's not get carried away with just the negatives.

After all, on the plus side:

"the visuals themselves are often quite breathtaking and their impact on the atmosphere and design of the game shouldn't be underestimated. The great use of destructible scenery with pathways often ripping apart before your eyes is just one example of the many impressive sequences peppered throughout the game. Beyond that, it's hard not to be impressed the first time you effortlessly guide Bayonetta across a beautiful, reflective pool of water contrasting against a massive ancient city."

"the engine manages to deliver sequences more complex than anything the original had to offer."

"Levels are larger and more detailed"

"Animation has also been given a nice overhaul with a completely new set of movements for Bayonetta, complemented by a new cast of enemies. Furthermore, refinements have been made to her outfit and general design with clothing (hair?) that looks more detailed and 'leathery' while her shorter haircut is well modelled and animated. These smaller details definitely add up across the course of the game and create a more refined visual experience overall."

"On the plus side, the irritating tearing of the original has been completely eliminated,"

Yeah, it would have been nice if it maintained a higher framerate, but it still runs smoother than comparable titles like the PS3 God of War games.

That and first game is free. FREE!

Around the Network

Thats quite a shame actually... I always want smooth 60fps on all my games and this not having it, specially when it needs it, is not good. I will still buy the game cause I enjoy it but thats not a good thing

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I hope my eyes are able to process the low quality of this game. Now I have serious doubts about buying it... don't want to damage this beautiful green eyes.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Well, I guess the lesson here is keep your eye on history instead of hope. Every other game Platinum does the frame rate tends to fluctuate wildly. Nintendo needs to buy them and teach them a thing or two on stabilizing them.

KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, it would have been nice if it maintained a higher framerate, but it still runs smoother than comparable titles like the PS3 God of War games.

Not in Europe

Around the Network

Never expected 1080p, but the lack of a rock-solid 60fps is a bit disheartening. I thought The Wonderful 101 ran beautifully though, so if Bayo 2 is that good (or better) in the frame rate department it may not be as big of a deal to me in the end. We'll see this October.

Anfebious said:
I hope my eyes are able to process the low quality of this game. Now I have serious doubts about buying it... don't want to damage this beautiful green eyes.

Shut up Anzu, your eyes are blue

Conina said:
KLAMarine said:
curl-6 said:

Not in Europe

Really? You guys got that limited edition though.

I'd like to get MY hands on bayonetta, if you know what I mean.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

SubiyaCryolite said:

Its an improvement over its predecessor with a few framerate hiccups, hopefully these can be addressed before release. Bayonetta 2 is another Wii U game with no AA and poor anistrophic filtering, it seems that no dev will bother to use the 32MB esram for MSAA which is a shame. Lastly its been confirmed to be 720p so those unreasonable 1080p rumours can be put to rest.

Wait a minute ... Do you seriously expect Platinum games to fix the framerate within six says of launch ? It'd be more realistic to expect these issues be dealt with post launch via patches. 

It's not that no devs will bother to use the 32MB of eDRAM for MSAA. It's that you also need more ROPs for MSAA to work and the chances are based on the AMD latte's die size it's likely that the WII U has 8 ROPs which can potentially mean that some games could encounter a pixel fillrate bottleneck ...