By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-on with Bayonetta 2

Every time I see Digital Foundry mentioned all I can think is "Oh, so it's time for the gaming equivalent of the Deadliest Warrior." Seriously, these guys remind of the "experts" they had on that show who were probably just running results by playing Civilization. Their methods are sloppy, they clearly don't have equipment that is any good (mostly because such stuff would cost too much), and most of their stuff is not from the actual game code itself. It amazes at how people take these clowns so seriously.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Let's not get carried away with just the negatives.

lol, hat did you expect`?

Aiddon said:
Every time I see Digital Foundry mentioned all I can think is "Oh, so it's time for the gaming equivalent of the Deadliest Warrior." Seriously, these guys remind of the "experts" they had on that show who were probably just running results by playing Civilization. Their methods are sloppy, they clearly don't have equipment that is any good (mostly because such stuff would cost too much), and most of their stuff is not from the actual game code itself. It amazes at how people take these clowns so seriously.

Who should we take seriously then?

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

The Wii U better have the definitive edition, my Dad needs a reason on why we're buying a Wii U (His company works for Microsoft, so they get discounts for Microsoft products.)

XanderXT said:

The Wii U better have the definitive edition, my Dad needs a reason on why we're buying a Wii U (His company works for Microsoft, so they get discounts for Microsoft products.)

Since the Wii U edition is the only edition, I think it is, by definition, definitive. :p

Around the Network

It's a shame to hear about the framerate hiccups, but on the other hand the elimination of tearing is a godsend.

I hope PG rolls out a patch before the US/EU release that at least stabilizes the framerate though. That'd be nice.

NNID: TheCCluc

curl-6 said:

"the engine manages to deliver sequences more complex than anything the original had to offer."

Yeah, it would have been nice if it maintained a higher framerate, but it still runs smoother than comparable titles like the PS3 God of War games.

Well they're talking about a game released in 2009 and it didn't look particuarly great back then either. There was room for improvment even for 7th gen hardware.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

zippy said:
GTAexpert said:
zippy said:
Bayonetta 2 looks fantastic both on a visual level and the smoothness of the action, it looks to have great controls, brilliant over the top set pieces and non stop action. A good game is a good game wether its a technical masterpiece or not, i think sites like digital foundry are a poison to the industry, somebody could actually read that article and pass up on a fantastic game, all because of very minor technical nit picks.

You can't call it fantastic until you've played it.

lol, some people are already calling it GOTY material :D

Again, counting chickens before they hatch. Wait before it comes out. Who knows, maybe they could be right

People are gonna keep defending the hardware which has struggled with 90% of ports and even it's exclusives don't look better then ps3/360 exclusives were talking about 8 year old hardware for God's sake.

GTAexpert said:
curl-6 said:

Yeah, it would have been nice if it maintained a higher framerate, but it still runs smoother than comparable titles like the PS3 God of War games.

That has to do with the graphics themselves.

God Of War III (PS3):

God Of War: Ascension (PS3):

Bayonetta 2 (Wii U):

Both God Of War III and Ascension have way better lighting, textures and anti-aliasing than Bayonetta 2.

That's a bullshot of baynetta 2 the actual game has no AA, god of war 3 looks next generation compared to Bayonetta 2